Springboard crashes and goes into safemode

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Coolvibes, May 8, 2009.

1. Coolvibes

Coolvibes New Member

I dont know where to post this i hope this is the place:

I have suffered from regular crashes since i installed Summboard in the past.
    When i installed Winterboard it was stable a while until same happened.

If i run many apps like games and not exiting them just pressing home button
    after a time the touch will respring because of a crash.

I learned to live with this since i dont know how to fix it
    But now i have a big probmem:

Everytime Springboard crashes (and believe me is often several time in a hour)
    It boot into the anoying Safe mode (have to go back in winterboard to get out of it)

I havent installed anything new on the phone except "timetable" which i almost not used...and a Winterboard skin i belive is the skin

The skin came with a SpringBoard.string which i edited and a "language change" message came up ... then all was normal until Springboard started crashing into save mode.

I restored the Springboard default .string but didnt seem to help
    Not sure if is the memory I have 275 Mb off free space on touch i think is enough maybe it isnt ?

I Dont want the SAfe mode to apear anyhow i can disable safe mode?
    Seem the problem can come from MobileSubstrate that kick in a safe mode everytime Springboard crashes (which it has done quite often lately but without safe mode screen)

So What Triggered this, i mean Sure i want to know what make sprngboard crash but thats near impossible to find out with all the apps i have on it
    but how to disable the safe mode from MobileSubstrate that is the BIG question ?

I have version 2.1 since i havent updated yet I hate to update for every new firmware that is released but i will eventually have to update sometimes.

Could it be Winterboard that is causing this crashes
    I dont realy see a point in restore it because as soon i get winterboard on it again it will crash, and i need to have Winterboard need to use skins/themes.

Now why couldn't Just apple make it possible to use Theme/Skins ?

And what to do if i want to upgrade to 2.2 later do i need to Quickpwn it again so i can install Theme/skins

Hope someone can help me with this
  2. andyvancool

andyvancool New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I had the same problem, I had a whole lot of apps of both the app store and of cydia that constantly maybe my ipod run in safe mode approx. 90% of the time.
    I ended up just restoring, and rejailbreaking, and only transferring a smaller amount of apps and cut the crap I didn't want anymore or didn't use much.
    Hasn't crashed since

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Lithium717

Lithium717 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Dammit. I'll have to do this aswell. Trying to install a theme and it's crashing absolutely constantly.
  4. DarkReaper

DarkReaper New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i have the same prob aft getting SBSettings and QuickUnlock. Maybe it's cause Winterboard is glitchy?
  5. kingcoolryan

kingcoolryan Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Dude I acknowledge your searching but don't post on old threads.. People are more considerate if u make the thread than piggy back on another