Springboard Crash, Ipod Doesnt Start

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by WBSKI, Feb 1, 2008.

1. WBSKI

WBSKI New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    So I installed some new programs in the new Installer, then Springboard was refreshing, except the refresh icon wasn't going away. So I forced power off, now the Ipod starts with the Apple logo but then I get the refresh icon which doesn't go away. What should I do!?
  2. weenipper53

weenipper53 New Member

i can give you the coreservices folder and you can ssh it in to your ipod if that helps
  3. WBSKI

WBSKI New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Fixed, with Ibrickr > itunes restore.

I am restoring because there is no way to access the files on the Ipod (no ssh because it isn't Wifi connected). This is a pretty nasty error, I had to use iBrickr to get Itunes to see the Ipod.. I was using: Installer (latest version) and was installing multiple things with the batch install. Then it went to summerboard to refresh and the Ipod did not stop refreshing (little loading circle), so I did forced shutdown. After that, when I tried to start up, the Ipod got to the Apple logo and then the refreshing image came up again and didn't go away. So I forced shutdown. Problem was solved by running one of the IBrickr exes and then restoring to 1.1.1.

Dev's of Summerboard and Installer should definitely look into this before the issue becomes widespread!
  4. janyws

janyws New Member

I have the exact same problem and cannot solve it. Tired of same restoring and upgrading operations.
  5. asenden

asenden New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    @ weenipper53
    can you pls give me the coreservice folder. I can SSH, but Ipod doesnt start up (Apple logo, spinning wheel). According to Crashreporter Springboard crashes (Ipod is 1.1.3 jailbroken). Happened after I have used Big Boss tool
  6. qingdom

qingdom New Member

It was 3am when this happened to me and i was half asleep / half awake.

So I got up just now 9am and figured restoring is the only option considering wifi doesn't start.

I held the home button, pressed the power button for apple logo to pop up, let go of power button while home button held, restore mode kicked in.

Follow steps 'shift-restore' to install 1.1.1 again from local file , gives me a "The iPod 'iPod' could not be restored. An unknown error occured (1604)."

Tried 1.1.2, same message.

Tried 1.1.3, "The iPod 'iPod' could not be restored. An unknown error occured (-50)."

gives me reason to make a dedicated 16gb restore folder of mp3's and videos now... i was pulling from various hdd's, cd's, dvd's... yay! another countless hour chore.

Please Register or Log in to view images

So... beware of updating to 1.1.3. ^_^ if anyone can provide a resolution as to how to unbrick this, please let us less fortunate updaters know. Thank you.
  7. WBSKI

WBSKI New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    maybe try using total commander to access the iPod and replace core services, or try using ibrickr to restore. I dunno really, just trying to point you in the right direction. also try restoring with the older iTunes software
  8. vega191

vega191 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    this just happened to me. i restored but i was able to get into my ipod with total commander and back up my apps.
  9. WBSKI

WBSKI New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I am definitely not installing summerboard on 1.1.3 until I know this is fixed
  10. timtim

timtim New Member

happened to me twice

did it the third time, and now is quite stable with apple apps etc

so did 1.1.1 > jailbreak. oktoprep > 1.1.2 > jailbreak

then went and did soft upgrade to 1.1.3

*make sure* you reset, i think the main point after going to 1.1.3

restarted. then installed bsd + openssh + pureftpd and then just played around and fixed all those problems. moving space + enabling apple apps etc.

so dont get too greedy after you jail break 1.1.3

Please Register or Log in to view images

remember to restart first!