Springboard b0rked, 1 day after jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by Raider, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Raider

Raider New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I upgraded my iPod Touch 2G to 3.0 firmware yesterday. My first attempt, I screwed up and jailbroke without upgrading to official firmware first (I selected iTunes "Download Only"). SO I re-DFUed and did it properly. It worked fine for a while, I installed a few apps (official and jailbreak), and because a few of them required or reccomended a restart, I restarted it around 5 or 6 times between today and yesterday without any problems occuring.

Today, I connected it to my xbox 360, to see if I could play music with my iPod Touch. It may be just a timing coincedence, but at that moment, my iPod suffered a hard crash. When it rebooted, it got the apple logo for a minute, then the apple logo with a loading icon overlayed for about 10 seconds, then a black screen.

If I plug it into my PC, Windows reads it fine (for the pictures), iTunes reads it fine, and I can access my song list. It turns off and on fine holding the home and power buttons. This leads me to believe it's a springboard issue. I have the following apps installed that might make a difference:

sbsettings
    Cydelete
    Winterboard

Two other oddities that also occur: iTunes shows the iPod as having 0% battery life, and if I turn it off while plugged into a PC, it will instantly turn back on.

However, it doesn't connect to my Wi-Fi, which it should do automatically at startup.

I'd rather not re-DFU, so is there any other fix?
  2. Ryuzaki

Ryuzaki Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    3.0 is just buggy all together. So it might not be anything you did.
  3. nitsua93

nitsua93 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Just restore and try till it works. Kane sure you have the latest redsn0w (0.8) and check cydia when you are given the choice to install icy and cydia. If that doesn't work go back to 2.2.1