Springboard.app permissions

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by Reyn, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Reyn

Reyn New Member

Today, I´ve installed summerboard and I had a problem with inactive summerboard. So I tryied to repair it by doing this - http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34752&highlight=springboard active . But I was reading faster then thinking and I set 0755 permission on the whole Springboard.app folder (recursively) instead of just the file Springboard in the folder. Now I have a spinning circle problem with no way to get out of it.

I think if I set up permissions back to normal, it will works again. But I dont know what permissions were there. So I need your help - can you make me a screenshots with permissions on all files in /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app (and the SpringBoard.app itself) ? Please, help me, I dont want to restore.
    (I have 1.1.3 dev JB)
    It could look like this (as you can see, I have all 0755

Please Register or Log in to view images

- http://spyro.webz.cz/permission.jpg
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Okay I hope this makes sense. The Springboard.app folder and all folder within Springboard.ap are all 755. However, all the items inside that are not folders are 644.
  3. Reyn

Reyn New Member

Thank you for helping me. It thought it will work, but it don´t. I am going to restore tommorow. Or maybe update to 1.1.4

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Don't give up yet! Someone posted a way to escape the circle of death. SO the problem is definitely from changing the permisions in Summerboard? That doesn't seem right. Do you have Customize and DocSwap symlinked and in the proper directories?
  5. Reyn

Reyn New Member

I´ve already tryied all of things mentioned in topic how to get out of SCOD, but without succes. So I´ll do restore now. At least I´ll have 1.1.4 firmware.