Springboard and Winterboard

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Kinda Intellectual, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Kinda Intellectual

Kinda Intellectual New Member

Ok I'm new to the whole JB scene and I installed Winterboard through cydia. So far I've been using the Vista Maximus Theme. But I keep seeing themes for Springboard... I can't seem to find Springboard in cydia... Maybe I'm not looking hard enough or maybe it's actually not there...

So, i was wondering can Springboard themes be used with Winterboard?!?

Also, if someone could explain the difference between the two?

**And before anyone asks "why don't you just try it??" I'm not going to "just try it" because I don't wanna screw anything up and have to restore!!**

Any and all help is appreciated​
  2. crAcked_nightmAre

crAcked_nightmAre New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    hey. yeh Springboard themes should work on winterboard. im using a springboard theme from 1.1.4 on 2.0.2 n its working loverly so go ahead and use springboard themes.
  3. Kinda Intellectual

Thanks. I will def give it a shot!!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Is it possible to change the boot logos with a theme? Or is that only done with jail breaking?
  4. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

SpringBoard is the home screen, lol. SpringBoard themes are themes for WinterBoard.

No, you can't change boot logos without a restore, most of the time.
  5. teekaysk8

teekaysk8 New Member

fraid not... winpwn does that though... i didn't catch what version you're running but if its older than 2.1 use winpwn to change boot logos.... you'll have to re-start your jailbreaking process though unfortuneately.

And yer he's right... summerboard works on winterboard... some things on customize will fail though because it relies on summerboard... which isn't up on cydia/installer yet.
  6. Kinda Intellectual

lol i feel stupid!! but thanks for the info... at least now i have a clue of what im doin!!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    im on fw 2.1 and thanks for the help but when i was in the "jail breaking process" it asked me to replace boot logos but it just replaced them with a pineapple boot logo and i didn't use winpwn i used quickpwn I don't know if they're the same (I don't think they are...)