Spring, Summer, and Winter boards and Installer and Cydia AND .APP INSTALLATION??

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Heffe, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Heffe

Heffe New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    1. What does installer do..? When I jailbroke my iPod Touch before app store I used it to instal apps n' stuff. Then I unjailbroke it because of app store then I just jailbroke it now and there's cydia and installer. I use cydia for games and stuff n' stuff but what does installer do now?

2. I really don't get what these are? I downloaded a theme (complete) off cydia and some WinterBoard App came up on my home screen thingy.. I use this to change themes but wtf is spring board and summer board? I hear spring is some thing that changes the desktop of your ipod touch or something? Cause I used the theme(complete) thing from Cydia and I used it to change the background with the Winterboard thing.. So what are these 'boards'?

3. How do you put a .app onto your ipod? The app I want is just some picture of a camera that doesn't do anything just make it look like an iphone.. But I already have the app but it's named [name].app how do I put it on my iPod Touch?? (Btw It's Jailbroken.)

4. How do you delete apps you downloaded on Cydia?

5. You can't upgrade a jailbroken 2.2 to a 2.2.1 right?
  2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

1. Installer is a piece of junk. Use Cydia.
    2. SummerBoard is for the old firmwares. Ignore it. SpringBoard is basically Apple's program that shows your icons and stuff. It's your homescreen. WinterBoard is the application that lets you change themes and what not.
    3. If you've manually downloaded an application onto your computer, download OpenSSH in Cydia. Follow the instructions on Cydia's home page on how to use it.
  3. Heffe

Heffe New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Pl0x on 4 and 5.
  4. iKeablr

iKeablr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    4. Through Cydia.
  5. ZaidKoya

ZaidKoya New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    5- my jailbroken 2g has firmware 2.2.1 ....
    if u have a 1g, then i dont think u can unless u download the 2.2.1 firmware and patch that up.
  6. Heffe

Heffe New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    How do you apply a springboard that is downloaded?
  7. iKeablr

iKeablr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You mean a theme. You must have winterboard. Then download a theme. When you download your theme, open Winterboard. Then select your theme. Make sure it is checked. When it is checked, press your home button. Let the iPod Touch Respring and boom you have applied your theme.