Spotlight issue

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by AlaKrity, Aug 3, 2009.

1. AlaKrity

AlaKrity Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I combined my Music and Videos icons to get an "iPod" icon. When I try to use Spotlight and get a song to play I get "Unsupported URL This URL wasn't loaded: search://com.apple.mobileipod-AudioPlayer...".

I used the regular MMP Flip to get an "Ipod" icon. When I uninstall MMP Flip, I still have an iPod icon, even when it isn't checked in Winterboard I still have an iPod icon. Using "MobileMusicPlayer Flip 3.0" (or trying to fix it manually) does not work.

Once I install and use "MobileMusicPlayer Flip 3.0" I have a Music and Videos icon, yet I still get the same error (see above). Anyone have a similar problem/know a fix for this?
  2. andybno2

andybno2 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    yeh it means you've got a combined ipod.app and spotlight is trying to point to the music in the music app not iPod.

mmp flip 3.0 should have fixed this for you, I am currently using "iTransform for iPod" and spotlight is working so maybe give that a try as an alternative
  3. AlaKrity

AlaKrity Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I just tried to use "iTransform for iPod" and when I activate it in Winterboard, I now have a Music and Videos icon, and Spotlight comes up with the same error. I think the issue I have is that I always have an iPod icon even if no app is combining the icons. Anyone know how to fix this?
  4. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    There's something wrong with your filesystem then, a file somewhere in you system has been modified (probably MMPFlip; this package modifies the Info.plist in MobileMusicPlayer.app, wich is wrong!)
  5. AlaKrity

AlaKrity Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So, the "Info.plist" in my MobileMusicPlayer.app is messed up somewhere?