Spotlight and Jailbroken Apps

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by Videofolife13, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Videofolife13

Videofolife13 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi everyone. So, spotlight is a very cool addition to the 3.0 firmware. I see that when I jailbreak, I can spotlight to apps that are on the springboard. (useful) But, when I hide the apps with something like Bossprefs, Spotlight no longer can find them. (Disappointing) If I hide an application from the App Store, Spotlight won't find it either.

Is there any work around for this? I'm sure there will be at some point, but is there one now?

Thanks, kids

-video
  2. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Nothing for it yet. The jailbreak was only released yesterday, you've gotta give these things some time.
  3. berky93

berky93 New Member

also, spotlight shows the icon for jailbroken apps incorrectly. at least it does with winterboard themes applied.
  4. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah, that's because Spotlight uses a new image called "icon-small" in the application bundle for its icons. Hopefully there'll be a WinterBoard update to address this.
  5. Videofolife13

Videofolife13 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Okay. Btw, I am patient. I do understand that it takes time to work things out, I was just wondering if anything had been done yet.

Thanks, guys
  6. ipodtouchpwnd69

ipodtouchpwnd69 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    After you get 11 pages of apps your apps will install but they won't show up on springboard. Spotlight can still find the hidden ones caused by too many apps. This is weird how it won't find them on bossprefs.