SpoofMac + 3.0 = ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by LeanPocketTouch, Jul 6, 2009.

1. LeanPocketTouch

LeanPocketTouch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hey guys, I accidentally installed something that was for 3.0 only yesterday and was sent into an endless respring followed by a bootloop so now that I lost my stuff I'm thinking about upgrading to 3.0 and jailbreaking it. Anyways, I need to know if spoofmac works on 3.0 because that's how i get on the router when my dad blocks my ipod's MAC Address. I usually change it to something that's supposed to be on the router and it let's me on.

So if anybody can confirm that this works on 3.0 I'd appreciate it. To make sure it works just use mobile terminal and type "ifconfig" and see if your "ether" (mac address) is whatever you enter with spoofmac or different from the one in the about section of your settings menu.
  2. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I would try, but I won't be able to tell if it works since it doesn't show up in settings. I did use that on spring break though, it was helpful not to have to pay for wifi for my pc and my iPod at the hotel.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. LeanPocketTouch

LeanPocketTouch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You can checkbbt typing "ifconfig" in mobile terminal and lookingat the "ether".
  4. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Ill try it when I get home.
  5. Radam

Radam New Member

I tried it and it doesnt seem to work for me. I'm on 3.0
  6. darkshadow

darkshadow Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I don't know about spoofmac but I tested the terminal command on 3.0 and it works

open a terminal and run these commands. you will need the root password for the su command. Change the MAC to whatever you want

su
    ifconfig en0 lladdr 00:00:00:00:00:01
  7. btg-321

btg-321 New Member

i have the exact same situation, i need spoofmac to work but 3.0 wont let me revert NO MATTER WHAT I DO. is there any other way to spoof it and if so step by step so i know what im doing on this little device. Thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

------------------double post merged------------------
    how do you do this? what all did you do and can you go into detail for me? thnks