Spoke too soon :(

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iJailbreakk, Sep 18, 2010.

1. iJailbreakk

iJailbreakk Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    i spoke too soon, i do not have a perfect ipod, i have lightleak, running the leangth of the volume buttons right next to it, you cxan tell its not connected right there but i didnt think anything of it until i was sitting outside, its dark, and had the light cranked up on it and saw it, idk what to do, take it back or no? im afraid i may get one with the home button probs or worse light leak, i feel so selfish :\
  2. 2fast4u5

2fast4u5 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Don't feel selfish. You deserve EVERY PENNY you paid for it. The last thing you need is a defect. Go ahead and return it and see if you get a better one. The chances of getting one without any defects are in your favor.

When I get my iPod Touch 4G, I'm going to make sure I get my money's worth.

Go for it man.
  3. dd_ny

dd_ny New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I agree with the first poster. It's not selfish to want exactly what you paid for. What's selfish is how half-assed Apple is being when producing these things, and then turning around and asking for a small fortune for them.
  4. autumn_leaf

autumn_leaf New Member

i keep hearing about all these light leaks... how hard is it to have quality control over these items??? it doesn't happen to thier macbooks that i know of, will it happen with their tvs too?

from what i read this is a problem since the 1st gen...it's 4 years now and they still haven't fixed this problem???
  5. Badd_Blood

Badd_Blood Well-Known Member

I have a light leak in my 3rd Gen iPod touch... bottom left
  6. chriss

chriss Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
  7. dd_ny

dd_ny New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Its when the glue on the side of the screen doesn't hold the screen together properly, so light from your screen leaks out from the side. Its said to cause dust, dirt, and grime to get under the screen so most people try to replace it if they get it. I never had that problem with my old iPod (or I may have, and just didn't notice with it being in a case all the time).
  8. iJailbreakk

iJailbreakk Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    its when the screen isnt glued down properly or something like that and on the sides where the seams are light peaks through
  9. iPendo

iPendo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I just replaced my 8GB 4G with the 32 GB and WHAT DO YOU KNOW, I have light leaking on the right side..
  10. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

I think the workers at Foxconn aren't being whipped enough.

In all seriousness though, they've been working to fill huge orders on relatively short notice - I'd take it back in a month or two for replacement, when the units aren't being made with such haste.