[spoilers] 2012

Discussion in 'Music, Movies, TV, and Videos' started by Chicken, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    First of all this isn't a conspiracy theory thread, it's a thread about the movie. Let's keep it that way

Please Register or Log in to view images

So I've just been to see the 7:00PM showing and I got out of the cinema at 10:05PM so apart from the half hour of adverts... that amount the move to being 158 minutes.

Now that's pretty long for a film and most people would be put straight off at the sight of how long it goes on for. I like long movies, it feels like I'm getting what I paid for. As far as the movie dragging I didn’t think so, as far as I'm concerned each second of the movie had something crucial to develop the story line.

Now the actual story line, it's great although there are a lot of major flaws of it in my opinion. The story is very interesting and it always has you on the end of your seat wondering what's coming next.

The flaws, ok so SPOILER ALERT I'm giving away quite a few things that happen in the story. OK so first Gordon who incase you don't know is Adrian's ex-wife's new boyfriend is an amateur pilot who has had 3 - 4 lessons as he says in the film. Next minute you see him flying on his side dodging 2 towers collapsing together... pretty good amateur pilot if you ask me. Next you see him flying a russian jumbo jet over Hawaii. He's either been taking extra lessons or something's messed up

The next flaw I found is again SPOILER ALERT while in the arcs a wire gets stuck in the hydraulics systems which prevents the ship from starting it's engine and closing the door. Obviously this is a problem when you have 1000+ feet waves coming towards you, it's obviously going to flood. Instead just a few meters of water breach the wide open door and then it seems to stop although they are still worried about flooding. I'm sorry but it would have flooded the whole ark within a few minutes and they would all be dead.

So getting away from the flaws this movie has amazing CGI for explosions and destruction. As the saying goes once you've destroyed everything, destroy everything AGAIN but this time with the already destroyed things! Ok maybe that's not a saying and it's just me

The end of the film in my opinion is amazing.. you see them sailing off to Africa amongst the other 4 - 6 arks and it's a really beautiful scene.

Overall I'm giving this movie a 4.5 out of 5. It's definitely a must see if your into Sci-Fi/Action movies.. well it's a must see whatever you like.

And that raps up this little review (well somewhat of a review).
  2. Sup3rsonic

Sup3rsonic New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  3. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

I haven't seen it yet. But my judge by bookcover judgement is that its by the same director as independence day and day after tomorrow, which is putting me off highly due to the same genre.

I'll think i'll read up and few reviews.

EDIT: damnit, read your ending spoiler. /idiot
  4. xFKSxSquirrel

xFKSxSquirrel Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    by what you said those two flaws make them seem like idiots.
  5. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    THE SUN MELTS THE EARTH'S CORE OMFGWTFBBQ! Yet the people are fine.
  6. Germany

Germany Banned

I'm going to be laughing my head off on December 21, 2012.
  7. FailSafeIsntSafe

FailSafeIsntSafe New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No, on December 22, 2012.

8. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

This is about the movie not the stupid conspiracy theory
  9. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I still wanna see this movie so badly..
  10. xFKSxSquirrel

xFKSxSquirrel Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    but manic the two are connected. not being a smart ass. the reason they made the movie was because of the conspiracy.