Splitting iPod Touch HDD

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by Hackintosh_iPod_Man, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Hackintosh_iPod_Man

Hackintosh_iPod_Man New Member

Mar 18, 2010
    I'm sure most of you are aware of the program 'CopyTrans'
    The CopyTrans you may be aware of is a program for moving your songs back onto iTunes directly from your iPod. They also do a program that is an iTunes replacement, but instead of the music being stored on the program, it reads the music off what ever device is plugged in and you can add or remove songs & playlists ETC...

I am aware that Apple removed the support of using the iPod Touch as a mass storage device...

My plan was to install 'CopyTrans' to my iPod, then when ever someone had music I wanted, I could just connect my iPod and run the program straight from there. However I am aware that I cannot right straight to the acessable through windows folders on my iPod, I can SSH, but is there isnt an SSH Client on the computer with the music, this will no work...

I though about partitioning my iPod HDD, but could think of no way to do this, I tried programs such as 'Avanquest Partition CAmmander 11' but they dont give the option to partition external drives. I was hoping any of you had any ideas how I could install 'CopyTrans to my iPod, for easy acess through Windows & withoust the need for an SSH Client.

I Have a 16gb iPod Touch 2g on 3.1.2 Jailbroken w/ Blackra1n
    Bootlogo Changed w/ Redsn0w

I am willing to go as far as partitioning the HDD of my iPod, so long as I dont lose any of my data....

2. MuckYu

MuckYu Member

Jun 24, 2009
    well you can partition the HDD of your ipod, but the Partition will act like an external hdd
    Cydia: USBdrive or USB Drive not sure how it's written.

for music or video synching you can use MediaMonkey, but I'm not sure if it works for other devices too.
  3. Theodosius

Theodosius Active Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Welcome, you should check out the rules, and maybe our irc!!
    Also, in the future please post introductions here, and questions/statements in the appropriate forums. Thanks! Hope you like it here!