Spinning Wheel of Death upon startup

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by freelancer91, May 25, 2008.

1. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok, I decided to uninstall Summerboard in order to run iBackup on my 16GB 1.1.4 Ipod Touch. It told me to restart, so I did. When I turned on my ipod, I had the apple logo screen for a few minutes, then the screen flashed and then I had the apple logo with the SWOD. It stayed this way for about 20 minutes. Then, as I was typing this, the screen flashed again and I got the apple logo again. Then I got the apple logo with a spinning wheel of death again. I have 186 application on my ipod (hence the reason I wanted to back them up). I really don't want to have to restore, but I can't SSH in. Do I have any options?

EDIT: ok, now I am on the screen with just the apple logo again, I think I'm noticing a pattern.
  2. shuft95

shuft95 Member

ssh into ur ipod with a sftp client that does not connect wirelessly, try fugu for mac and iphonebrowwser for windows, then it will connect using the usb cord, Onne you are in there, just delete or put back the last thing u did
  3. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok, great, but I am not really sure what to delete. I have over 180 applications installed, and this only happened after I restarted after uninstalling an application (summerboard). I used to have this problem when I would install around 90 applications. I managed to sneak by this limit by no putting on a passcode lock (at least, thats my theory).
  4. shuft95

shuft95 Member

then try putting summerboard back on manually, or try deleting all ur themes or justt the one u were using when u uninstalled smb
  5. SkaterGOD/DOOD23

SkaterGOD/DOOD23 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well, your first post says you can't SSH into your iPod, but from your other posts it seems like you can... so:

If you can SSH:

If you recently installed something, remove it via SSH (Like an application).
    You could try to replace your N45AP.plist file and see if that helps.
    Just copy over your applications onto your computer, and replace them when you restore.
    Also, try what the guy above me said (Try putting Summerboard back on manually, or try deleting all of your themes or just the one you were using when you un-installed Summerboard)

I've never seen this problem before, so that's what I would do.

If you can't SSH:

You'll have to restore, sorry buddy.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok, I tried all of those things. Using Iphonebrowser, which does not SSH wirelessly. However, none of them seemed to work. I had to restore. I then jailbroke and started trying to get back to where I was. When I had reached 89 apps, I got the spinning wheel of death (I had gotten this before. Usually I just SSH in and delete the last thing I installed.) That didn't work. So I decided to force reboot my ipod by holding down both the power and home buttons, and then releasing them when it was off. When I tried to restart it, it got stuck on the apple logo screen. As I was typing this, the screen flashed, but then it went back to the apple logo screen. There is no spinning wheel of death this time.
  7. shuft95

shuft95 Member

get someone to uplaod there n45ap.plist file?