Spinning Wheel of Death after updating to 2.1 (DIFFERENT CASE)

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Clash, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Clash

Clash New Member

[NOT FIXED] Spinning Wheel of Death after updating to 2.1 (DIFFERENT CASE)

Hi guys, I did use the search and look other threads, but the problem I have seems to be a little different.
    I just updated to 2.1, and iTunes said it was going to restart iPod, it did, then I got the spinning wheel on the loading screen (the one with the apple logo), the wheel freezes and after a time the iPod reboots. Funny thing is that iTunes does recognize the iPod, I have reinstalled 2.1 and I still get the same problem. The same thing happens if I try to restore it. It restores, and when it goes to the loading screen, bam, spinning wheel, freezes, iPod Reboots and the cycle starts again.
    Does anybody know what can be done to fix this?
    Thanks in advance

PS: I wonder if this is related to iTunes always using 99% of my CPU?
  2. cainy

cainy New Member

try putting it itno DFU mode and using the shfit + restore method to install 2.1
  3. Clash

Clash New Member

That indeed worked. Sorry for the dumb topic
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Ok now it installed 2.1, but as soon as I ask it to restore a previous backup it starts the spinning wheel of death... what do I do? Start it as a new iPod?
  4. daisydukes45

daisydukes45 New Member

yes start it as a new ipod or you might go through the same problem as before.
  5. foppinanrockin

foppinanrockin Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    same thing happened to me except i didnt have an option to set up as new so i just re-restored and it was fine