Spilt Hot Chocolate over iPod Touch!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Superchild, Feb 28, 2009.

  1. Superchild

    Superchild New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2008
    Messages:
    15
    Likes Received:
    0
    Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Last night, I was drinking a big mug of hot chocolate when i swept acros and knocked it all over my iPod. Most of it hit the screen cause i was holding it in the air but i don't know. The first thing i cleaned was that, i used tissues to get rid of all the chocolate and then used a wet cloth to get rid of the chocolate on the outside.
    The iPod Touch wetness indicator is RED.

    Please Register or Log in to view images



    I turned it on straight after it happened and it worked perfectly. But this morning it just won't start or be recognised by my computer. Currently it is on my window ledge with tissues under it.

    All help is appreciated
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Reading other posts, i have now placed it in a bag of Uncooked Dry Rice..

    ++ Now put it on top of Boiler in Airing Cupboard.

    From Reading more posts it may be a goner - i think it may have short circuited. Is there any test for this or way of overcoming it?
  2. Imitation

    Imitation New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2008
    Messages:
    113
    Likes Received:
    0
    Device:
    iPod touch
    You turned it on. Water + Electricity = bad.
  3. Naveen

    Naveen Banned

    Joined:
    May 10, 2008
    Messages:
    189
    Likes Received:
    0
    put it in a bowl of rice that is supposed to work

    Please Register or Log in to view images

  4. Superchild

    Superchild New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2008
    Messages:
    15
    Likes Received:
    0
    Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thx,

    I have

    Please Register or Log in to view images

    In my airing cupboard , water +Electricity = bad yes

    But i turned it off , then on then off so i dunno

    Please Register or Log in to view images



    Hope

    Please Register or Log in to view images

  5. deeboy55

    deeboy55 New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2009
    Messages:
    297
    Likes Received:
    0
    Device:
    iPad

    Please Register or Log in to view images

    hot chocolate = yummy apple goodness. Its not done for lol. Some dude put his ipod in the washer for 30 minutes and it still worked after rice. And same with another person that dropped in bath (lol idiots these days). Water + electicity = bad? ITS HOT CHOCOLATE lol. Odd you should say this coz i was drinking hotcholcate and some spilled onto my top. I didnt no but about 5 mins later my sis went for my ipod so i put against my chest.

    Please Register or Log in to view images

    chocolate.
  6. Superchild

    Superchild New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2008
    Messages:
    15
    Likes Received:
    0
    Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Lol yeh but i turned mine on afterwards and it won't turn on its been in there for two days.


    I turned it on - nothing nil zip

    Please Register or Log in to view images

  7. MrFairladyz

    MrFairladyz Active Member

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2008
    Messages:
    1,042
    Likes Received:
    0
    Device:
    iPod touch
    turn it off, dont plug it into anything, and put it in rice for a day or two (completely submerge it)

    edit: nothing? ouch. dno what to do then 0_0

    the stuff will have to go away eventually, just not sure how long "eventually" is.
  8. SimonTheSnowman

    SimonTheSnowman Active Member

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2007
    Messages:
    1,066
    Likes Received:
    10
    Turn it off and put it in a bowl of rice for a few hours. That should dry it. Then see if it works. Try out the music, video, and wi-fi.

    Please Register or Log in to view images


    If it doesn't then try restoring.

    Hope I helped.

    Please Register or Log in to view images

  9. ipodtouchesrule

    ipodtouchesrule Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 5, 2008
    Messages:
    1,009
    Likes Received:
    10
    Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  10. dudeitsriley

    dudeitsriley Banned

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2008
    Messages:
    1,222
    Likes Received:
    1
    This isn't helpful but at least you didn't drop it in the toilet like so many others have

Share This Page