spider web cracks

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jp_shz, Jun 21, 2008.

1. jp_shz

jp_shz New Member

well... i was careless and my ipod fell about 2 feet to the tile ground and my screen is all spider web cracks, im pretty sure apples 1 year warranty doesnt cover this so anyone know how much it would cost to repair? i mean it all works just screen all cracked..
  2. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    erm it would be quite alot i think, how badly cracked is it? oh actualy i guess it dosnt matter cos u will still need to whole screen replaced, just go to the apple store and ask them.
  3. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    could you post pics?
  4. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    yeah pics would help
  5. jaymzleon

jaymzleon Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    this happened to me as well but from about a 4 foot distance, and it only put a single crack across the bottom...spiderweb sucks man, i feel sorry for you :/
  6. jp_shz

jp_shz New Member

the entire thing still works, its just badly cracked all over.. i would post pics of i could..

im looking online and seeing lcd screens for them but it says the touch panel isnt included, but i guess since i can still touch and use it i dont need one?
  7. Cheat_Code

Cheat_Code Member

Device:
    iPhone
    ok mine got kneed inside oh my pocket (long story look for the story in my threads) and if the lcd works and the faceplate and the touch senser and the glass needs to be replaced it will be $159.00 with 3-way overnight shipping from iresq.com.
  8. jp_shz

jp_shz New Member

it looks alot like this...

Please Register or Log in to view images

it works though, eve where the cracks are i can still touch it and work, do you think i just need a new lcd ?

im afraid to use it and say put it in my pocket and the cracks would widen and make it completely unuseable though...
  9. Cheat_Code

Cheat_Code Member

Device:
    iPhone
    dude! the lcd is ok just pay the 159.00 and ship it to iresq.com if thats and iphone it might be more so idk about that but just ship it off and get it fixed so no wories! ok?
  10. jp_shz

jp_shz New Member

i didnt see an option on there website for them to install new screen.... just new screen+digitizier and if my digitizier works why get a new one for another 50.

i would just buy the screen from ebay if there was a guide on the internet to replace the screen but i see none