Speed Up psx4iphone

Discussion in 'Playstation 1 (PSX) Emulator (psx4iphone)' started by sreten, Jan 29, 2010.

1. sreten

sreten New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I would like to know if it is possible to run psx roms faster on the psx4iphone emulator...
    I know 3rd gen touch is already faster but some games just wont run fast enough like crash bandicoot, nba live, nba shootout, etc
    Is there anything that could be done?

-Make smaller pocket bin files? I've already tried using pocket iso but the psx4iphone won't read .ZNX roms
    -Increase RAM? Ive already gotten my RAM up to about 207MB at max, it improved speed a little, but still not enough.
    -Running it in Safe Mode? I've tried via SBSettings and it didn't seem to run any faster...
    -Overclocking? I haven't tried overclocking yet because I don't know how it's done. Would overclocking make it significantly faster? Will it damage your ipod? How much MHz is safe to overclock?

I don't mean to sound spoiled but I would like to know if it is possible to speed up the emulator as much as possible for those high memory psx games.

If anyone knows anything about overclocking, I would appreciate more info on it.

Thanks
  2. TwEaKeD97

TwEaKeD97 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Try this:

-Landscape/No Sound, gives the graphics more space to load.
    -Whichever one made it faster, together with the landscape no sound could make it run full speed.
  3. Mookler

Mookler Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    You can't overclock
    You cant increase the overall amount of RAM
    No sound tends to make things run faster, as does freeing up whatever ram you can
    So in a nutshell, be greatful you can play any games at all. iProducts are not developed with the intent of emulation
  4. waloumi

waloumi New Member

Im sorry, your kind sir, but all what he asked, is possible. And what you said was a pure example of you non-existent knowledge.

Ram does not affect game speed unless it goes to 0.

You can overclock by removing a file in your iphone/ipod (back up before or rename it) it will increase the cpu clock (for a 2g at 400 to 650mhz for example) but it eats battery like 75% faster, so you better play playstation games on your computer if youre at home, other than that it wont last long.

Sound doesnt comes out of your imagination, of course the game will run faster if de-activated.

Playstation emulation is trully possible if you know how to do it.
  5. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    the games run fine for me BUT you have to be on wi fi to run them fast for some reason