speed up ipod touch 2G MC 8GB?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Unregistered, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Okay so I got an ipodtouch 8gb and I've heard if you disable the wallpapers or delete them, it would make ur ipodtouch faster... so is it true? If so, how do you disable or delete them?? Also my ipod touch is jailbroken with jailbreakme 4.0 fw. The ipod is really slow and I want to like make it faster..
  2. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2010
    You don't have any wallpapers to start with. Update to 4.1 for a considerable speed boost. You can try to clock though,
  3. PSRa1n

PSRa1n Guest

Deleting launch daemons, native plist method for virtual memory, delete the shadow files in springboard.app, but even all that only increases speed slightly, it will always be a slow device
  4. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

How do i downgrade?

Hi, i have an ipod touch 2g Mc model. Does anyone has any way to downgrade it? I need the jailbreak badly...Pls help me.. Thanks in advance
  5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I've tried updating to 4.1 and it actually didn't make any much difference except removing jailbreak and adding GameCenter to it and take up more memory, but actually faster since no jailbreak. So I decided to downgrade back to 4.0 and jailbroke it.. but its slow so im trying to figure out how to make it faster.