Speed up Cydia launch.

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by mk211, May 9, 2010.

1. mk211

mk211 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Cydia usually takes a painfully long time to load when you launch the app. An easy way to speed up it's loading time is to disable Internet (wifi / 3G) on your device when you are launching the app.

Having no connections available, the reloading/refreshing will stop relatively quickly with an error message ("Unable to connect"). Now you can switch back on the connection using SBsettings and proceed with whatever you want to do.

Obviously, this is assuming you have SBsettings and that you do not wish to search for and download updates on that particular instance.
  2. Gatorsxrule

Gatorsxrule New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Or just install no cyfresh
  3. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    I have wanted to try this when I first heard about it but on the install page it that it has been shown to be a dangerous package so I never tried it. My 1g ipod is crazy slow but now that I use my iPad Cydia loads less than 20 sec.
  4. Gatorsxrule

Gatorsxrule New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It looks like modmyi fixed that with an update though
  5. mk211

mk211 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Even i heard that nocyfresh wasnt "safe" to install. Plus, it didnt work on my iPod the first time i tried it (dont know why though).
  6. iJackr

iJackr Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I think that the launch time depends on how many packages and sources you have installed. Also the size may change how long it takes to load