iOS 4.1 Speed of 4.1 on older devices

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by vahnx, Sep 9, 2010.

1. vahnx

vahnx Banned

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    iOS 4.0 is pretty slow on an iPod Touch 2G. Does anyone notice a speed boost using 4.1?
  2. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Well, one of the improvements was speed on the iPhone 3G, so maybe it would carry over to the iPod?
  3. RocketNJ

RocketNJ New Member

Well I will find out today. With 4.0 on my IPT 3G the scrolling using my Alpine IDA-X001 head unit was pitiful. Even with 4.01 and 4.02 it was almost unuseable.

I bought a IPT 4G yesterday and it is blazing fast when navigating from the Alpine. I upgraded the 3G last night and will test it out today to see if there is an improvement. I'll be selling the 3G to my friend tomorrow so better test now

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I would think a resonable speed enhancement, but deleting some daemons and killing some overlays wouldn't hurt
  5. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    What does the headset have to do with UI speed? They're nothing alike. I could plug my Astro A40's in my iPhone, and the scrolling speed is the exact same as it would be without them.
  6. vahnx

vahnx Banned

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Once a jailbreak comes out I'll upgrade, but has anyone noticed if it speeds up the 2G MC?
  7. xI Jakk Ix

xI Jakk Ix New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    3.1.3 is still faster than 4.1 and will be faster than any future firmware as Apple are making older devices slow to force people to buy the iPhone 4, iPad and IPT 4G.
  8. Heidegger

Heidegger New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    There is a definite speedup on my Touch 2G. Wireless still sucks back the juice (seems to stay on even though I've turned off everything that could require network access) so I have to keep it in Airplane mode. 3.1 is probably faster but it's been a while since I used it so I don't even remember.
  9. BubbaRob

BubbaRob Member

I've got a 2g MC model as well and it stinks on 4.0 I too wanted to know if it was better on 4.1, especially the UI speed and application start-ups. I thought my 2g was awfully slow on 4.0 and that's before I even knew how speedy the 4g would be.
  10. Relapse

Relapse Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I upgraded my 2G to 4.1 and the speed increased amazingly, if you want speed, upgrade is for you. But, I needed my jailbreak so i downgraded. Anyways, I really liked the speed.