Speck ArmorSkin Review(Pics)

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by emb531, Jan 2, 2008.

1. emb531

emb531 New Member

http://www.speckproducts.com/products/armorskin/ipod-touch/112

Just got this case today at the Apple Store, I wanted the black but they only had clear, so I just got it anyways.

Overall I would rate this case as excellent. The fit is very snug, but not too tight. The included screen protector is also very slick, and works extremely well. Its basically impossible to tell there is a screen protector, and the application is also very slick. The protector is basically two separate sheets on either side of the protector itself, and you pull one side to get it all setup, then put on the skin, and then pull the last screen off leaving you a perfectly installed protector, very nice. The only downside to the case is when using Safari in landscape mode, the side of the case very very slightly hangs over and makes it a little hard to hit the back or forward buttons. But this is negligible, as it it barely noticeable.

Also, the silicone used for this case is very nice, and does not collect dust. It feels stiffer than most skins, but is also very nice to the touch. Pushing the home button is also very easy, and is not affected by the case in anyway. The power button has a thick piece of rubber over it, and currently is a little hard to push, but I think it will get broken in over time.

Overall A+ case and highly recommended.

(sorry for crappy pics, can't get the flash to turn off)

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please Register or Log in to view images

If anyone has any questions lemme know.
  2. aerodude618

aerodude618 New Member

i like how it looks, how much?
  3. d00m42

d00m42 Member

i had a Speck ToughSkin for my old iPod video 5g which i gave back to the apple store for a discount on my touch because the hard drive had failed, the battery didnt hold a great charge, and the backlight was messed up. but the ToughSkin while it protected my ipod so well, it DID collect dust, actually alot of dust, and it made it hard to take the ipod in and out of my pocket. is the armor skin made of the same material?
  4. emb531

emb531 New Member

It is actually made out of a different material.

http://www.speckproducts.com/products/toughskin/ipod-touch/108

Thats the ToughSkin, which is rubber and will collect dust.

The silicone feels like none other and it really is nice.

It was 30 bucks, same price on Specks website, but most definatley worth it.
  5. eg0523

eg0523 New Member

I was able to get the case as well and it's worth the money if you want excellent protection for the touch.