Speakers that function independently with iPod AND PC

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cdashd, Sep 19, 2009.

1. cdashd

cdashd New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Kind of tricky to sum up by my topic so I'll explain
    (eh, can't edit topic but perhaps better would be PC Speakers that also function independently with iPod)

my PC speakers.. must be at least a decade old
    they're bulky, they suck though luckily since I haven't had much to compare it to I haven't been too bothered

Today I heard a pair of Logitech speakers though.. very tiny but waaay more sound than I've ever heard

I'd be very interested to know if there is a type of speaker that would function with my PC but if I wanted to detach even just 1 of them and it functioned on battery(or AC.. oh man if it had a dock too that'd rock) so I had a portable iPod speaker that would be amazing
    Dunno if something similar exists and since I'm not good at describing it, it's not very easy to search for it on Google
    Basically an iPod dock that also provides me with excellent sound for my PC.. I already have an auxiliary cable if that helps. Something that's very easy to just disconnect from my PC and take with my iPod on the go, even if it's stuck to a wall outlet.

Thanks
  2. Stickaz Ipod

Stickaz Ipod New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    you do know that pc speakers plug into the pc through a 3.5mm jack... right? just plug the speakers into the ipod
  3. NinjaBurrito

NinjaBurrito New Member

4. Unreal Boy

Unreal Boy Member

Device:
    iPad
    i think most computer speakers connect by a 3.5mm audio cable, so u can just unplug them from your computer and use them with your ipod

Im not sure about them being portable though, because most computer speakers need to be plugged in to a power socket
  5. Tauched

Tauched Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    PC speakers

Glad to read info from messages above.
    My PC speakers work with the touch. Did not even consider the jack would be the same size.
    The connections must be lose though since I heard some popping sounds.
    Dread the day that the ear plugs jack no longer has a tight fit.
  6. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    popping sounds are usual^^ they are always there - ipod, computer, hifi ...all make this popping sound when plugging and unplugging while speakers are online

Please Register or Log in to view images