Speaker suddenly distorts

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by callum-m-r, Oct 14, 2008.

1. callum-m-r

callum-m-r New Member

Basically, if I open the music player and start a song having not used the internal speaker for a while, at first it sounds fine, but if the volume is fairly high, say just 85%, after about 10 seconds the sound will suddenly go horribly distorted.
    To get it back to normal I have to not use the internal speaker for at least 10 minutes.
    I haven't used the speaker much, and certainly haven't 'abused' it in the sense of playing music at 100% with some heavy equalizer.

I presume this isn't normal, would it be a basis for getting a replacement or anything?

Thanks in advance

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Drawingbreath

Drawingbreath New Member

That certainly doesn't sound normal behaviour to me. I for one would take it to an Apple store and get it exchanged.
  3. callum-m-r

callum-m-r New Member

Hmm. I'll probably take it this weekend.
    Do you know if they're as happy to simply swap it out in the UK as they seem to be in the US?
    Kingston store to be specific :/
    Cheers
  4. Drawingbreath

Drawingbreath New Member

I bought my touch from KRCS, a UK reseller. They said any problems in the first month or so they would just swop it if they had the stock. Apple stores also do this in the UK but I haven't experienced a need yet.
  5. callum-m-r

callum-m-r New Member

Ah cool. I can't've had it more than a month so that should be good, and I bought direct from apple.
    Cheers.