[Speaker Review] Altec Lansing M602

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by plg6067, Dec 29, 2007.

1. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

Altec Lansing M602

Please Register or Log in to view images

Msrp $150 Get it here for $96 http://www.provantage.com/altec-lansing-m602~7ALT9009.htm
    Specs
    Product Name Home Audio System for iPod in White High-End Audio for iPod
    Speakers Details 2 x Speaker
    Controls Volume

Bass

Treble

Play

Power
    Interfaces/Ports 3.5mm Mini-phone stereo

Docking Connector
    Product Type 2.0-channel Speaker System
    Dimensions 8.2" Height x 14" Width x 5.4" Depth
    System Power 60W (RMS)
    Compatibility
    o iPod with color display
    o iPod nano
    o iPod mini
    o iPod with video
    o iPod
    Connectivity Technology Plug-in

Cable
    Driver Type 2 x 3" Full-range Driver

2 x 1" Tweeter
    Frequency Response 60Hz to 20kHz - 10 dB
    Product Model M602
    Power Source Power Supply
    Output Power 60W (RMS) Speaker
    System Type 2.0
    Standard Warranty 1 Year(s) Limited

My Review
    4.5 out of 5
    I recomend it

Very good for the price, great sound. It has aux in which is nice to have. It comes with a remote. The sound quality is about the same as the bose sound dock.(so don't waste your money on one of those)
    Cons- The top of the ipod touch touches the speakers which can make a small bit of vibrating sound if your pumping music with lots of base.

For a better review go here http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/ipod/review/altec-lansing-m602-digital-ipod-speaker-system/
  2. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

i doubt they are any where close to bose. altec lansing is horrible with audio quality.
  3. Kyn

Kyn New Member

What are you talking about I have iPod speakers made by the same brand which sound amazing.
  4. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

"amazing"?. what kind of earbuds do u use?
  5. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

You should try them....
    How did you get to know more than the editor and chief of iLounge?(he thinks they are similar to bose in quality....)

"An all-in-one iPod speaker dock capable of rivalling Bose’s SoundDock in room-filling volume, complete with user-adjustable bass and treble controls"
    Bose sound dock rating B+ Altec Lansing M602 B+

I have used bose speakers befor I know what I am talking about.

Here are some other people you must know more than *sarcasm*

PC magazine "The Altec Lansing M602 is a one-piece Apple iPod speaker and dock, in the same vein as the Bose SoundDock and the Klipsch iGroove HG. "

CNET"Altec Lansing has put together in the M602 a good, solid package that competes well against other iPod speaker systems in this price class. It's a better value than the Bose SoundDock, which retails for $100 more but lacks the auxiliary input and video output."

The bose sound dock has the same rating as the altec on most sites. People who make these ratings do it for a living... but somehow you know more than them.. cough cough PWN cough cough
  6. hydrotherion

hydrotherion New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Just got the logitech audiostation express. Wanted a sleek and modern speaker system for my touch in my new bedroom and to be able to remotely operate it from my bed. Tested it and it has great sound just not when you turned it all the way up. Good fro the bedroom maybe not so in the lving room. It also has a video out so hopefully I can watch some vid podcast in my bedroom. Still have to test the video out though. The controls on the touch works but you cannot control the volume on the touch. You have to use the the logitech volum control. Pausing,Skipping and power on/off for the speakers and the touch work with no probs. Cost: 76€
  7. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

the only thing that is better than bose for speakers like those might be the klipsch. maby.
  8. Nayfe

Nayfe New Member

JBL on time, speakers, radio, alarm clock and room filling sound even when set to bwloew half

9. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

ya jbl is good too.
  10. ollie77

ollie77 New Member

JBL are made by Harman Kardon which is why they are good but they're not as good as the Harman Kardon branded stuff.

But I agree with dualcorex in that I doubt the Altec Lansing M602 comes anywhere close to the Bose (especially if the ipod touches the speaker), although I haven't actually tried them.

You need to spend money to get high quality audio, if you like Altec Lansing try the IMV712.