Speaker not working with 3.0 firmware...anyone else?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by Oregon, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Oregon

Oregon New Member

I upgraded to the 3.0 firmware and now its as if the speaker doesn't exist. It won't make any noise except through headphones, when I press the volume buttons, nothing happens, even on the screen. And when I listen to music or watch movies, the volume bar disappears unless headphones are plugged in. This is a major pain because I have always used my iPod as an alarm.

Anyone else have this problem? BTW, I do have an iPod Touch 2G and it worked perfectly before the upgrade.
  2. Radish

Radish Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Do your volume buttons work? You might have somehow jailbroke/upgraded into an iPod touch 1G 3.0?
  3. Slasher115

Slasher115 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Try restoring then reinstall the firmware. Try downgrading then updating to 3.0
  4. Oregon

Oregon New Member

If I do this, will it restore to 2.2.1, and then to get back to 3.0, will I have to buy again?
  5. blueagewizard

blueagewizard New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No once you buy it, the app store will let u download it again no charge
  6. Oregon

Oregon New Member

I restored and now it is working perfectly. Weird...
  7. omgbricked

omgbricked New Member

even i faced the same problem initailly,
    wht i did was restarted my Ipod, connected to my Itunes, removed all the apps on my Ipod touch, restarted my Ipod, then again added all my apps to my ipod by synch, then my spekaer got enabled don't know why ?
    i now that, it is bit crazy but worked with me.
    also in my 2.2.1 i could have connected my Ipod to my laptop and still could have played music via ipod spekaers but when upgraded it to 3.00 i could have listened to music or any sound from ipod through the headphines only while i am connected with my laptop.
    even this was resolved after i connecting the ipod to itunes and then play any song via headphone and in the middle remove u r headphone bang the sound instantly came on the speakers even when the USB port was connected to the iPOd.