Space?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by chort27, Feb 9, 2008.

1. chort27

chort27 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    How much space do I need to start a BRAND NEW jailbreak 1.1.3?
  2. xDeViL

xDeViL New Member

i think 160 mb... but your better off uninstalling everythoing from your ipod before you jailbreak... anything you installed.. uninstall.. because if you want it back you will have to uninstall it later anyway
  3. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

I'm not expert - but the way I did it was to do a clean restore of 1.1.1 (so I had already JB 1.1.1 and had like 30 apps on it etc, after backing these up via ssh I connected Ipod touch to my computer, which opened Itunes, shift clicked RESTORE and selected my saved 1.1.1 firmware) This gave a clean ipod with 1.1.1 - I skipped the sync (why wait for it to shove your music onto the ipod, it wil be gone again soon), www.jailbreakme.com, got installer, OKtoPrep, shift click UPGRADE in Itunes select 1.1.2 firmware from backup on hard drive. Once on 1.1.2 skip sync again. Run windows.bat from the 1.1.2 installer package and let it run (having the latest JAVA on your computer helps), when done you have JB 1.1.2. Install from installer BSD subsystem, then install DEV team official installer app, launch from springboard and wait, a long time.
  4. chort27

chort27 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well I already have a 1.1.1 iPod, with all my music etc. still on it, and I don't want to delete it... if I just want a 1.1.2 iPod jailbreak, will I need LESS space? I currently have about 1.5 gb available. Is this enough?
  5. shuffle

shuffle Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    plenty i think

I always like to jailbreak when my ipod has nothing on it though..... I guess I think that less things can go wrong that way :/
  6. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

OK I think this is a common misconception which I also spent a long time on 1.1.1 because of. So here goes my best attempt at a plain explaination:-

Your computer with Itunes installed holds all your Itunes music etc. In addition when you sync your Ipod touch it backs up to your computer your personal data like calendar, contacts and mail.

Whether you restore 1.1.1, 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 you will always still have your music, Itunes will sync it back whatever firmware you are on. So you can go from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 with your memory (but physical space is different to OS space) but it is always cleaner to go from a restore 1.1.1 up and put jb stuff back aftwerwards.