space of apps

Discussion in 'WWDC 2008 discussions' started by epqr, Jun 21, 2008.

1. epqr

epqr Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    one thing that just hit me.. how much space to you think a app like MonkeyBalll would use. i mean with wonderful grafics it has and 100 levels (?) it must take up quite a lot of space. how much do you think it will take up, say compared to a song?
  2. Chucky102

Chucky102 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    It depends..it can go from 10MB to 30MB to over 50MB
    it just depends. but I think it's definitely over 10MB, but again, I don't know.
  3. TheDuke1122

TheDuke1122 New Member

many, many songs
  4. epqr

epqr Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yeah im really curious about how much space the games will take up. i mean if its 10mb its really not a big problem, thats a little less than two song, but if its 50 mb or over that its beginig to be alot. but i guess for a game like MonkeyBall its probably totaly worth it..

but i think generally all the games on appstore will take up alot more space than those from the jailbreak-comunety.
  5. Chucky102

Chucky102 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    If it's 10MB down you can download it from your iPhone/iPod and if it's more then you have to download it through wifi or iTunes, so having that as a fact, there's obviously apps way over 10MB.
  6. epqr

epqr Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yeah i just hope they won't take out a too large amout of space. i wan't to fit some music in there too

Please Register or Log in to view images

Edit: oops its called SUPERMonkeyball

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    There's been many threads on how much space applications from the App Store will require.

I would say that a good estimate would be anywhere from 10MB to 20MB for a normal application, 30MB - 60MB for a larger application, and 70MB - 100MB for a very large application. I can't see too many applications being "2GB" which is the limit for the size of an application.