Space Limit Problem with WinPwn

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by ryan09, Jun 3, 2008.

1. ryan09

ryan09 New Member

Okay, I pwned my iPod and all and everything worked out right. Then I started to download more apps off of Installer. They soon stopped working. I went to go check my disk space on BossPrefs and it says that there is 7220 out of 7400 used on /var directory. I then went into iTunes and it says only 300mb of "other" is used. So this cant be right at all. Does anyone know a fix for this and how to get it to not think the entire iPod is full when its not. Thank you.

Edit: The problem was fixed. I was an idiot and it really said 7200 mb free. It still would crash on me but then it fixed itself randomly.
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    There are two partitions and you have filled the smaller one. Have you not heard of BossTool? It's like the third thing you should do after a jailbreak.
  3. ryan09

ryan09 New Member

Nope. I do all the moving to the /private/var directory through SSH. And yes, I know what BossTool does.

It didnt add them to the / directory. That directory is the small one.
    It added them to the /private/var/ directory, which is the big one, and it is saying I've used 7220mb out of 7400mb. There is no way I used 7 GB of space for those applications.
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    My bad, I misread your post. And you haven;t synced any music or anything yet? That would be something else if you had 7GB of apps!

Please Register or Log in to view images

If I find something I will get back to you.
  5. ryan09

ryan09 New Member

Okay, I am an idiot. Cause I read what it said wrong. It actually says 7208 free on it. It just crashes after so many apps installed and then when I delete some I can install more. I dont know. Its really behaving strange.
  6. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Why don't you install BossTool and see how full the smaller partition is.
  7. ryan09

ryan09 New Member

The smaller one has 84 MB free of 300MB. So im good on that one. My apps are relocated to /private/var/ So I dont know whats going on. Im trying to figure it out now.
  8. x6blues

x6blues New Member

So did you run all the commands here.

I know you have relocated the apps, but did you create a symlink as well?
  9. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    You got the pro helping you now! He will have you up and running in no time!
  10. ryan09

ryan09 New Member

Yep I did all of that. I relocated it through BossTool, which does the same as that link you gave. I usually do it with the commands in SSH but I decided to use BossTool. I also created the symlinks for media and library to link to the ones in mobile. All that is taken care of. Although, for some reason it is actually working for me now. So yeah, I guess it just fixed by itself.