Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by e3t_fuk, Jan 2, 2008.

  1. e3t_fuk

    e3t_fuk New Member

    Jan 2, 2008
    Likes Received:
    well I've tried installing a few new sources and when they are finished they go into the uncategorized sources heading and are all untitles sources.

    here are the few I've tried to get working:

    What the heck am I doing wrong?

    Please Register or Log in to view images

  2. linds

    linds New Member

    Oct 19, 2007
    Likes Received:
    it usually means you've made a typo along the way when you typed in the address

    make sure the auto-correction isn't screwing up the spelling
  3. Mindfield

    Mindfield New Member

    Nov 5, 2007
    Likes Received:
    In some cases, that's just the way the XML has been set up for those repositories. There's not much you can do unfortunately; the maintainers of those repos will have to edit their XML to give it a title and category. However, I know your r4m0n repo is incorrect. It should be:
  4. Scythal

    Scythal New Member

    Nov 27, 2007
    Likes Received:
    iPod touch
    That's weird, could you install any source at all from that wireless connection?

    I suppose that if a proxy was modifying the http_user_agent, you wouldn't see the repository at all. Maybe one of the repositories has a messed up plist file, and that somehow the Installer can't get rid of it. You can check the files in /var/root/Library/Installer, to see if they seem correct.

    LocalPackages.plist and RemotePackages should each be a 3-line header followed by a succession of <dict> ... </dict> in cluded in an array (<array> ... </array>). The general principle is that every <thing> should be closed by a </thing>.

    => What you can do: copy those 2 files on your PC, rename them to .xml instead of .plist, and drag them into Firefox (or Internet Explorer): it will tell you if there's an error in the file.

    Be careful about LocalPackages.plist, it contains the applications you have installed. If it is damaged, you won't be able to uninstall apps, or update them all. The other RemotePackages.plist file is regenerated every refresh, so that's not important, you can delete it.

Share This Page