Sources won't refresh

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by JustoHermano, Jan 23, 2008.

1. JustoHermano

JustoHermano New Member

every time i go to refresh my sources the bar always gets stuck at about 10%
    what is wrong.

(I have waited up to twenty mins for it not to get past 10%)
  2. windowsexpert08

windowsexpert08 New Member

go to your sources page and make sure you dont have any double sources. And also delete the ones like "tmobile" "ihebrew" or any other foreign language ones or if you have a ipod and not a iphone then u can delete the ones like "iphoneunlock" or anything you think is not nessisary because it will cause the installer to lag when refreshing.
  3. drkassassin

drkassassin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yea just turn off your wifi from settings and go into installer and remove some sources
  4. hotwater10

hotwater10 Banned

how do you no its at 10%?
  5. lenon07

lenon07 New Member

he said its about 10%
    he estimated it
  6. JustoHermano

JustoHermano New Member

the problem is i only have about 10 sources
    i also tried to shutting down and then trying

oh and yeah i did estimate
  7. wthoang

wthoang New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i used to have this problem...wats ure internet speed...one of the repos takes a long time if u have dialup..i know this cos i kill my bandwidth within a week so we always have speed limiting rather than fines....u need faster internet..simply as that
  8. oddjobbob

oddjobbob New Member

this may help.

A bit ago, after reading about the 1.1.4 upgrade the the ziphones jailbreak I opened Installer to see if it was available. Immediately Installer started to refresh. After a few minutes, nothing inordinately long, an alert opened with this message:

Refresh Failed
    Cannot refresh sources!

I closed it with the OK button. Everything else seemed to work fine. I came to the forums and started searching. Several suggestiions were made to people with similar problems. I deleted ALL sources. Refresh failed. I turned off Wi-Fi. Refresh failed. I Turned Wi-Fi back on. Refresh failed. I started to initiate a new thread describing my problem and the steps I had taken to solve it when I realized that I didn't really know for sure if "everything else worked fine." I tried Safari and found I couldn't connect to Google or any other page.

I use a relatively old Qwest ActionTec wireless router. I have occasionally had to reboot when my laptop's wi-fi won't connect. I thought this might be the problem.

I shut down my iPod, unplugged the router, shut down and started my computer, started the iPod and plugged in the router.

On opening Installer rrefresh started immediately and finished as it normally always does.
  9. mpwrestle89

mpwrestle89 New Member

this is happening to me too. except i dont get any percent. it sits there for a long time and then it says failed to refresh. and its not my internet because safari works. at first i thought it was just because im trying to upgrade to jailbroken 1.1.3 and ive taken like all day messing with my ipod without success. because i got to jail broken 1.1.3 and it wouldnt refresh, so i restored all the way back to 1.1.1 and jailbroke it usuing jailbreakme.com, but i still had the same problem.
  10. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Run Installer via SSH, and you'll see that the AppTapp repo is down.