Sources take forever to refresh!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by fty07, Jan 10, 2008.

1. fty07

fty07 New Member

Hey guys, I havent been able to get into installer since xmas, because the sources take forever to refresh.

I think that it might have been because added a lot of new source but now i cant get pass the refresh screen to delete some.

any ideas? and since i have been out of the loop for a while what are some must have new applications out?

thanks!
  2. edoras

edoras New Member

I have been experiencing this too. How long did you wait? As for me, I will let it refresh for more than 5 or 10 minutes.
  3. Flagpole

Flagpole Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    well if you have a lot of sources it can take up to a couple of minutes if you have a decent wifi connection. it shouldnt hang much longer than that, even if you have all of the shources available. just try giving it time and letting it site for a few minutes. try getting as close to your wifi source as posible if you want it to go faster.
  4. fty07

fty07 New Member

I have let it by itself for upwards of 30 mins to 1 hours, sitting on top of the wifi.

I'm trying it again right now, and ill let you guys know what happens.

Sometimes the status bar doesnt even move for the whole time.

Edit: my wifi is decent I can download at speeds around 1.1 mbps
  5. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you need to get in to delete sources, it's actually easy - just turn off Wi-Fi. The refresh should quickly time out and you can delete whichever ones you think are problematic...

Alternately, you can SFTP into ~/Library/Installer and edit the PackageSources.plist... You'd need to delete everything between the <dict></dict> tags...

But the first method is easier...
  6. Juwilz

Juwilz New Member

Yes like i forget the username, but he said that it depends on how many Sources you have. Mine takes about 2 minutes or so.