Sources take an age to refresh

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Manning22, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Manning22

Manning22 New Member

HI!

Just wondering if anyone elses ipod takes around 10 minutes to refresh. I have installed the mass soucre thing from allipodhax so i have most sources. after every update i delete the one not needed e.g. german and thai sources. but after that it still takes longer then it ever did.

and not exagurating with the 10 minutes thing.

seriously.

do i need stronger wifi? isnt there a program that can so that to my router?

thanks anyway
  2. Firespray

Firespray Banned

You just have too many sources, I have the same problem. You just need to delete a lot of sources and it will update faster. The less sources, the faster the update.
  3. linds

linds New Member

yeah.. not qutie 10 mins for me but it does take a lot longer than it used to. One or more of the repos are probably a bit on the slow side
  4. neowiz12

neowiz12 New Member

this is what you do: turn off wifi before you go into installer wait for it to say couldnot refresh sources then press home then turn wifi back on and set up network then go back into installer and it should skip the refresh process
  5. super51fan

super51fan Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    thats what i do

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. whitechocolit

whitechocolit New Member

Just delete most sources you don't use, that's what I did and it takes a lot less time, maybe a minute or two.
  7. Manning22

Manning22 New Member

thanks guys, at least I'm not the only one. I'll just delete a few more. And on the topic, if I have three of the same update for one app is it because it can be installed from a few different sources? This happens with the gpsphone, I upgrade it to 1.20 and the three more updates are there but they are version 1.12. Werid,I know. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling but of doesn't help.

Thanks for all the help
  8. TouchyLeland

TouchyLeland New Member

Yeah, it's just a bug thanks to the multi sources. Unfortunately the only way around it is just make sure that you're using the most up to date version, and leave the downgrading updates alone.
  9. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Don't forget that the sources are also being swamped with people moving on up to 1.1.3 and having to reinstall applications. Same thing happened when 1.1.2 came out...