Sources and Apps ? Help me

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by wonderbread1309, Sep 5, 2008.

1. wonderbread1309

wonderbread1309 New Member

i have winpwnd my Ipod touch and have Cyidia and Installer...

But they both seem to not have very many games and/or apps that i would like or couldve gotten with the old Ipod touch firmware...

please give me a place where i can find these games/apps and some sources with games/apps

i need more apps and games only have 5 that i can get from both cydia and installer

please let me know of any place that periodically up dates both sources and the apps that they have frequently... so i can keep up to date on my apps aswell

Thank you and Please Help me find apps and Games
  2. jack.misner@virgin.net

jack.misner@virgin.net New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    most of the games and other apps from the 1.1.x days havent been ported yet and so cannot run on the new firmwares... its just a waiting game. tbh more and more packages get added each day and most of the devs are porting all their popular apps to 2.0.x
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    oh and also dont use installer, it causes so many problems. i know it was the best thing to use in the 1.1.x days but this is a different installer and it sucks. use cydia it is so much better. and i mean so much.
  3. wonderbread1309

K so let me get something straight...

I downloaded the Community sources for both cydia and installer, so does that mean that whenever an app or game is uploaded, then i can get it?

or do i have to add sources, if so please give me a list of sources that are good to have for both cydia and installer.

And about not using installer... i have seen that some apps/games are not on cydia and are on installer...so i use it once and a while...would you suggest just not using installer at all and deleting it all together? or should i keep it just incase i need it for something that isn't provided with Cydia

Thanks again
  4. jack.misner@virgin.net

Device:
    iPod touch
    keep it incase. i have it as well for those rare occasions that it is needed. its just that pretty much everytime i use it. it takes a good few reboots, resprings, restarting installer to install anything. and uninstalling it just never works for me. im forced to ssh stuff out. cydia works like a dream though. im basicly only keeping installer so that when it gets properly released i can just update it rather than installing it.
  5. wonderbread1309

what about Sources, do i need any other sources either that the Community Sources?

thanks again sorry for the questions
  6. jack.misner@virgin.net

Device:
    iPod touch
    erm you dont need any sources but the more sources you have the more packages appear. ill only answer for cydia since i dont use installer enough. you can either goto the home page and click on more package sources or you can goto sections and goto the repositories section. most of the sources are just language packs as you will see in their descriptions...