[Source Code] ConnectSome.

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by SkylarEC, Jan 18, 2010.

1. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

The ConnectSome project is not far from finished, and I haven't touched it since November. I've been too tied up elsewhere. For those who may have missed it, you can read up on ConnectSome here in this thread.

Regardless, I thought I would put out what I have. It is mostly complete. The only things left to do are to implement the drawing of the line that connects the winning pieces and polishing. When you look at the code, you will see that the win line drawing is complete, you just literally need to feed it the coordinates and tell it to draw. New graphics would be nice too.

That said, in this implementation, you WILL need to get into threading to actually make this a viable game. My next steps on the project would have been to finish the win line drawing and then to work on the performance aspects, ie threading. Sometimes, the computer takes a long time to think about where to go next. Such is life, I suppose.

If you run this through Instruments, you will see that the application leaks nowhere and handles its memory management better than most applications out there. Peaking out at a megabyte and a half of memory which drops when the current game is completed.

The application itself demonstrates many concepts that are important in mobile, specifically iPhone/iPod, application development. The app covers most every topic brought up on this forum and others. Things such as intra-application messaging and notifications, singletons, and drawing custom views and layers. Masking, memory management, and protocols. The application covers the gamut of everything that should be expected of intermediate programmers.

Enjoy.

Source Code: http://github.com/SkylarEC/ConnectSome
    Blog post: Coming soon.

EDIT: Apparently, that's 3804 lines of code. 4754 if you count the c4 game engine, which I am not.
  2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Anyone have any luck with this yet?
  3. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    im just about to take a look

Please Register or Log in to view images