souped up older macbook vs. new macbook

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by taz, Oct 15, 2008.

1. taz

taz New Member

Ive been wanting to buy a macbook for a little while now and thought I would buy one this time around. I was very disappointed to find no price drop. So I was wondering how an old souped up black macbook would compare to a new stock macbook. My motive being, the blackbook would be alot cheaper. I will be using this macbook for mainly music editing and other general uses. what do you guys think. souped blackbook? New macbook?
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    If all you are doing is that (Music & Video) Black is fine. Though, the GPU of the new MacBook could come in handy soon since more and more apps are accessing it's power (Aperture, Photoshop, Motion (Part of Final Cut))
  3. iPhoneFTW

iPhoneFTW New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Only thing really good about the new one is it's look, apart from that that's it lol. Go with the souped
  4. danielguitar15

danielguitar15 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    if your only doing music editing then the souped up one will do you just fine. I used Logic all the time on my first gen baseline Macbook and it ran like a charm so i can only imagine how well it would run on a souped up black Macbook. But like Teslanaut said if at some point you do use it for more graphically challenging applications the nvidia graphics card would come in handy.
  5. owner

owner Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I have a black book and the graphics isn't that bad, if you aren't doing 3D intensive things, then this is perfect. I use it for recording music and photoshop and it works perfect. The Black Books are on clearance right now so go ahead and get one for a great deal.