Sound problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by damonaf, Dec 31, 2009.

1. damonaf

damonaf New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have 2G 16GB Touch and when I plug my headphones in, sound only works in the left earpiece. Internal speaker works fine. If i start playing music, then turn the volume up louder, the right one starts to work. The headphones are NOT the issue.

I tried searching the site for similar problems but everyone else just had no sound out of one earpiece.

Anyone else ever have this happen or have any ideas what might the problem be?
  2. Sitruss

Sitruss New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you tried playing audio through them from a different source, then the contacts inside the port must be faulty.
  3. imranh101

imranh101 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Not trying to be rude, but how do you know the headphones are not the problem?
    I assume you tried another audio source?
  4. Chamilism

Chamilism New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Mine has the same/similar problem, but all I get is Static and sometimes only out of one side. and It's defiantly not the headphones or the Audio source... because I have an adapter to plug in at the bottom (Port to connect to computer) and it works perfectly normal. I'm gong to send mine to Apple to fix them.
  5. damonaf

damonaf New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have plugged the headphones into different things (comp speakers and stereo) and they work fine. Yes i have tried other sources. I'm going to have to agree w/ Sitruss and go with a faulty contact. I'll just have to find an Apple store and see what they can do.
  6. imranh101

imranh101 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Thanks for not getting mad at me for asking that question, damonaf, a lot of people would

Please Register or Log in to view images

And yeah, sadly I think that is your only option

Please Register or Log in to view images