Sound on IPod touch only on left earphone

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by adrianhelfen@googlemail.c, Nov 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adrianhelfen@googlemail.c

adrianhelfen@googlemail.c New Member

The sound on my IPod touch is only coming out of the left ear phone, not on the right one. I have the Bose inear headphones which are compatible to the IPod touch.

Mine is a IPod touch, 8GB, first generation, 2.1 Firmware. So far it was working perfectly allright as it should have done but since yesterday it only plays music on the left earphone.

Did reinstall the firmware again, no sucess. Did a reset 4 times no sucess. What can I do.

Kindly waiting for some feedback. crosscheck with other headphones created the same problem, with another IPod the headphones work fine.

Thanks alot
  2. JohnyW

JohnyW New Member

Sounds like it's the headphones. Try a different pair that you know work, and if they do, you need new headphones.
  3. Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    did you read the post???^^^the headphones work fine with another ipod. id say take it to apple, show them the problem. they should give you a new ipod.
  4. JohnyW

JohnyW New Member

Ohh, I didn't see that. Sorry.
  5. pogoyoyo

pogoyoyo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    never heard of an ipod touch headphone jack breaking yet
    your the first victim ive heard of
    that sucks man.. i had my ipod video 30gb back in the day break on me, just that back then i had the guts to open er' up and check whats wrong inside. turned out the headphone hack was loose and needed to be glued down to the metal back.
  6. adrianhelfen@googlemail.c

sound on IPod touch only on left ear phone

Hi Guys,

think that sth. perhaps on the board in the touch is wrong. Anyway, the warranty is already over, in Germany only 1 year on this device, so probably Apple won´t do anything without me paying for it. Any experience in how Apple handle this sorts of thing? Does Apple have the chance to check wheter there is still warranty on it by the serial-Number?

Thanks again
  7. pogoyoyo

pogoyoyo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i think they do have a way of checking... one time i was asking about a problem with my ipod and they asked about my ipod serial code, and i gave it to them and then she asks me when it was bought... me buying it used i didnt know so i said i got it as a gift cuz u wasnt sure if i should tell the truth, and she tells me " ....sometime around august of 2008? " im like YES i think thats it lmao
  8. adrianhelfen@googlemail.c

Hey,

sounds like a good idea. Will try that tomorrow.
    Thanks.
  9. Flipzter

Flipzter Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Yeah, I'd just call Apple and see if they would fix it. I only use my right earphone myself. I keep the left open so I can hear people if they talk to me.
  10. cobbyco

cobbyco Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I had the smae problem with my 1st gen, and i got it in august 08. i have very little time left to relpace or fix. Is there anyway to fix it (Non jailbroken)?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.