Sound issues

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Meep, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Meep

Meep New Member

Hi there, i'm new here so i've probably posted in the wrong section already

Please Register or Log in to view images

My issue is sound quality on my ipod touch (i think mine is a later 2G, or basically the 3G as it's known). Whenever the volume is near or past 3/4 of maximum the sound distorts, and it's not necessarily a very bassy tune, it may even be a chat show i'm listening to. This happens with the ipod speakers or with 2 different pairs of headphones, so it's not down to duff headphones.

I work in a loud place so need to turn my ipod up so i can actually hear it clearly.

It sucks to not be able to listen to what i want loudly.
    Is this a common issue with the ipod? And is there some kind of sound quality test that can be done?
  2. Roondog12355

Roondog12355 Member

Device:
    Nexus 7
    hi this is probably the earphones, they could be a set of defects. also, check your settings in: settings->music and check if sound test or anything is on.
    P.S welcome to the forums!
  3. Meep

Meep New Member

Ooh, i just found that sound test function. What does it do?

Please Register or Log in to view images

I can't see any result when i toggle it on/off.

Also i just found the Settings > Music > EQ functions, seems if i want to have my music/stuff so i can hear it at work i'll have to turn on bass reducer. Sucks to pay all that money to end up with cheap & cheerful sounding tinny music >.<

More comments are welcome, maybe i got a duff ipod or something and your ones are fully capable of sounding decent.