Sound in app even with volume all the way down?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lazer155, Sep 24, 2010.

1. lazer155

lazer155 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    When I use the app transdeluxe a tanagram making game my iPod still puts out sound on the speaker even with the volume all the way down. I tried some of my other apps and they don't seem to have this problem but I'm wondering if it's just an app glitch or if my iPod touch is messed up. This app never used to dothis on my iPod touch 3rd gen but it started doing it with my 4th gen. Also one of my other apps is displayed upside down. That never happened with my 3rd gen touch. Could my iPod touch be glitching and need a replacement? All of my other apps seem to work fine.
  2. yojalata

yojalata Member

Its probably a glitch try rebooting your iPod..used to happen every time on videos back in 3.xx -__-
  3. GuilleiPod

GuilleiPod New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have that problem too.
  4. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Go into settings > sounds > Change With Buttons > OFF

This will make it so the volume buttons change the volume of the games and other noises (iPod), but not the ringer (alarms and such).
  5. KerrWasHere

KerrWasHere Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    will this fix the lockscreen sound when the volume is off
    its hard to be on an ipod while the professor is talking and that goes off
  6. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    You can turn off the lock sounds in Settings>Sounds>Lock Sounds... If you want to get rid of the lock sounds, you'll have to turn ON control ringer with buttons. Then turn it all the way down (or slide the slider all the way down; slide back up when finished). It's really disrespectful to use your iPod during class though, if you want to do well, pay attention.
  7. lazer155

lazer155 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thanks that seems to have fixed it but I tried reinstalling it on my i3rd gen and it appears to have the volume problem too. I didnt think it did but I think the last update messed the app up. Does anyone know why my other app appears upside down on my 4th gen but right side up on my 3rd gen?
  8. Jencryzthers

Jencryzthers New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I had that problem! my ipod touch rang in my class because of someone calling on facetime. it's kind of wierd when you say to the teacher its my ipod.

I set my sound to "change with button" and turned everything off, and now I make sure im on airplane mode. hehe
  9. KerrWasHere

KerrWasHere Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)