sorry to bother you all but i really have a problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by am2pm1, Feb 5, 2009.

1. am2pm1

am2pm1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    for the past 3 days ive been trying to jailbreak my ipod 2g touch without success. i have painfully tryed every auto and manual jailbreak and the result is always the same error 14 idk wat im doing wrong ive read every manual for the jailbreak but yet my ipod is not jb'ing. now to make matters worse the jailbreak apps r not making custom ipsw files. please can someone help me out here ive been waiting for this for ssssssoooooooooooo long and im dying here on my own.
    thanx in advance.........
  2. xvenom89

xvenom89 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Are you using Windows or Mac? I would be glad to help you with Mac, although, the tutorials stickied here do a great job walking the reader through the steps to jailbreak. I had some difficulties at first but it all worked out in the end.
  3. am2pm1

am2pm1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I running windows xp and I just can't do it
  4. Ohfoohy

Ohfoohy Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Have you tried Cyw00d's GUI tool?
  5. bontje

bontje New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Cyw00ds works amazing. Try it!
  6. Ip0d N00b

Ip0d N00b New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Your not in dfu correctly
  7. am2pm1

am2pm1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I've tryed cywoods and it refuses to make a custom ipsw file now. I've used versions 1.2 1.4 and 1.5 same result. As for being in dfu mode incorrectly I believe I've done it right. Is that the reason for error 14. How do u do it right then? Cywoods says 10 seconds then hold home key for 8 seconds pls help and that you guys for answering my post thank you very much
  8. mchbib

mchbib New Member

so the custome firmware is not workin.. so maybe your 2.2.1 is not good and is not working...
    DID you move the folder from rslite to Xpwn??
    DFU mode is.... after closing ur iPod u press (Home+power) together for 10 seconds..then you release the ((power)) and keep the ((home)) until itunes recognize the iPod in Recovery mode...
    Ihope it works well with u...
  9. Technostorm

Technostorm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    ok. why don't you describe your step by step first including when you plug in your ipod. Once you list down step by step.. we can help you troubleshoot.. Also, first you need to download another copy of your 2.2.1 ipsw to be safe.

make sure you are using the cable that was supplied by Apple for your Ipod Touch and not an aftermarket one.

Also, make sure you have updated your windowsXP with the latest if not at least SP2.

ok, awaiting your full description so we can help you troubleshoot.
  10. DaAlmighty1

DaAlmighty1 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    He means he gets error 14 during the restore to a patched FW. I got it too and no one at all gave me a single piece of advice so I gave up after 10 hours. Now I'm waiting for untethered.