sorry to ask, but which ipod should i purchase?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ak416, Mar 11, 2008.

1. ak416

ak416 New Member

im buying an ipod touch tmrw and i just found this website today. my eyes are sore from reading so much and im still confused about which ipod touch i should buy. im definitely getting a 16GB but there is one called ipod touch and ipod touch v2. if im correct, i think the v2 has the new 5 applications. but then i read about, downgrading to 1.1.1 or whatever. so..which ipod is the best the jail breaking? i dont wanna wait until the SDK or whatever..and i dont even know what that is. i think its basically "legit" 3rd party applications that you have to pay for? blah. i just want a simple ipod touch with cool applications. nothing too complicated. and sorry for not being able to find the answer i need in this forum. im prtty sure similar questions has been asked many times. but its 6am in the morning, didnt sleep at all, and as you ca see, i totally suck at digging for answers in forums. Thank you for your support!

P.S When SDK is released and i decide to have it, is it like a software update i download from itunes or is it only gonna be available to the newer released ipod touch/iphone? sorry. i forgot to mention this is my very first apple or ipod product ill be purchasing
  2. iJayIpodTouch

iJayIpodTouch New Member

Well, if you want a good Jailbreak that doesn't crash much, get an older one. Because I'm pretty sure if you get one that's 1.1.1 and then jailbreak, OktoPrep, upgrade to 1.1.2, jailbreak, and upgrade to 1.1.3, you'll have no problems and you can always install the 1.1.3 software upgrade through installer. Hope this helped.
  3. raze94

raze94 New Member

get the older 16 gig jailbreake it and enjoy. i suggest using 1.1.2 frimware when you do so.
    in my opinion it is the most stable firmware to use with all the apps.
  4. 16gbofmagic.

16gbofmagic. New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You shouldn't buy an ipod touch, they're lame.
  5. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    There is the iPod Touch 8GB, 16GB and 32GB model, 32GB being the newest addition to the line. 'V2' refers to the January App Pack, which is 5 applications that Apple released in January. These applications were Notes, Stocks, Mail, Weather and Maps. For newer versions of the iPod Touch, these applications come with the Touch, although for people who purchased their iPods before the App Pack was released, it costs $20 USD through iTunes.

Yes, you can jailbreak your iPod on Firmwares 1.1.1 - 1.1.4, all of them have different benefits. The iPod Touch you'll purchase will likely have 1.1.3 / 1.1.4 firmware, and if needed so, you can downgrade to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 for jailbreaking purposes. Jailbreaking your iPod gives you access to the 'Installer' application, from which you can install many cool applications onto your iPod Touch.

The SDK is the Software Development Kit that will be released by Apple in June. There was talk about it just recently and there is a development kit available on Apple's website. The SDK will be legit third party applications which supposively will cost a fee. Programmers will be making these applications. Yes, SDK will supposively be available for all models of the iPod Touch/iPhone, not just the new models, so no worry. But more news on this will arrive when its released in June.

In conclusion, I have a 8GB iPod Touch that I purchased in early December, it came with Firmware 1.1.2 and I downgraded to Firmware 1.1.1 and jailbroke, haven't changed it since. It's worked fine for me, so I would recommend purchasing an 8GB or 16GB iPod Touch and downgrading the firmware.
  6. ur_so_beautiful

ur_so_beautiful New Member

i lol'd why would you be on this forum if you thought that lol
  7. djcrix

djcrix New Member

if you buy itouch v2 you have to downgrade it,and you will lose the apps,so buy the itouch v1
  8. ak416

ak416 New Member

WOW Thank you for a very informative reply! I'm gonna go buy it now.

Please Register or Log in to view images

im so excited
  9. Touch²

Touch² New Member

This is what i was going to add...
  10. lilbrzboi

lilbrzboi New Member

just buy any ipod
    im not sure about 32 gb i havent been paying to much attention to it but yea

buy any ipod and use ziphone to jailbreak onto 1.1.4 and get the $20 apps free