Sorry - SSH help please

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by MrBrightside, Mar 20, 2008.

1. MrBrightside

MrBrightside Active Member

SSH isnt working for me on 1.1.4, using CuteFTP. Ive tried restarting router, installing openSSH, bossprefs, netservices etc, password and username are fine etc. I'm sure ive checked everything. I might just try WinSCP

Ive just installed Term vt100 and need the commands that switches file directory from root to mobile? Or something like that, whatever got changed with 1.1.3/4

Apologies for bringing up ANOTHER SSH thread, have seen loads recently but i didnt know what to search for the changing file directory bit

Thanks
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Why are you trying to change it? It's already changed on 1.1.4. The only things that really use the root directory are GBA Roms and Customize.
  3. MrBrightside

MrBrightside Active Member

Ahh, i didnt know that. I have customize with the 1.1.4 compatibility patch so thats ok yeah?
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    The Compatibility Patch only fakes the program into thinking you are running 1.1.3 so you can install it. As soon as you install it you don't need it anymore. Also if you can create a folder named Customize in the private/var/root/Library you don't even need to worry about all the symlinks. I can send you all the command lines for it but that's up to you.