Sorry If These Are Dumb Qs

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kunster, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Kunster

Kunster New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok i just have a few questions about unlocking iphones. these questions apply to the iphone, 2g, and 3g, any size.

1. Can you really do it and get a plan? I read something from a google search and it said that like Apple if doing something so no one can unlock it anymore.. :/

2. I can unlock an iphone for use with Verizon? And can i have internet anywhere like other cell phones do? Will i have to pay more monthly on my plan?

3. What if i have problems with the iphone or even my verizon plan? I cant really ask verizon to help me cuz im not even supposed to have an iphone with their plan, and i can get help for my iphone cuz its unlocked right? or just unlock/format and get help?

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. it is worth it all? is it hard to do?

sorry for all the questions..i hope i dont get flammed...

Please Register or Log in to view images

! thanks in advance!!
  2. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked.

You can unlock both versions of the iPhones, 2g AND 3g. Apple did have the unlock at a wall up until new years when the iPhone dev team released the iPhone 3g unlock, and you have been able to unlock the 2g iPhone.

Sadly, verizon does not use SIM cards. So there is no way of using verizon on the iPhone. If you have a provider that does use SIM cards, such as AT&T (duh) and T-mobile, you can use the iPhone with it. To use internet and other data using features in a cell network you will need to pay extra monthly for a data plan. However if you do not want to pay the monthly fee you can still use data features you will just need to be in a wifi area.

Since the iPhone cannot use verizon, the question is void. If you were still to unlock it and use it with a different provider, you can always come here for help, or disable the unlock by restoring and sending it to apple.

and yes it is worth it. the iPhone is an amazing device, however if you are on verizon like you lead on to be, you will not be able to use it with verizon like i said before. In that situation may i suggest you buy an iPod touch.