Sorry, but quick question.

Discussion in 'iPod touch VoIP and Telephony' started by TehLe33tK!ng, Mar 10, 2008.

1. TehLe33tK!ng

TehLe33tK!ng New Member

This is my first post so I might have missed the answer somewhere on these forums, but I have just one quick question.

If I had a jailbroken iPod Touch with the VoIP app and I bought a touchmod mic, could I just use any typical iPod headphones to listen in on the phone call or would I need to buy a touchmod headset. Sorry if this has been answered, but I couldn't find the answer.
  2. Chucky102

Chucky102 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I have no idea. I don't personally know the answer, but it's logical that you need any heahphones..i might be wrong..try it.
  3. TehLe33tK!ng

TehLe33tK!ng New Member

Yeah, I would try but I don't exactly have an iPod touch yet. I am going off to college in late June and I am hoping for a last second price drop before I buy an iPod touch. Also, with the SDK coming out in June I was hoping for an official Skype mic or headset.

I just recently got into VoIP when I read about the SDK Press Event so I then went on discovering what the modding community came up (how I found this site). If anyone knows the answer to this question I would greatly appreciate it.
  4. ridax

ridax New Member

You don't need the headset. You can use the mic + included earphones. The headset is just a more convenient way to combine the mic and earphones in one piece (and also allow a little control with the button).
  5. TehLe33tK!ng

TehLe33tK!ng New Member

Oh really? Cool! I really need to get an iPod Touch. Does anyone know of any rumors of it going down in price before June. Probably not right...
  6. full1

full1 New Member

The 8 gig is pretty cheap its like 258 dollars unlike before. I had to buy mine for like 400 dollars
  7. TehLe33tK!ng

TehLe33tK!ng New Member

Yeah, I was thinking of getting the Apple Refurbished 16 gig iPod Touch for $330 (8 gig refurbished is $230). But I am still holding out for the "apple lowers ipod touch price by $100" story to pop up on my RSS reader.
  8. jango271

jango271 Banned

Try MacMall, I havent checked prices or anything but they are always cheap. Or, if your daring and have time to kill, you could try one of those 'free' iPod Touch things, good luck though

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. TehLe33tK!ng

TehLe33tK!ng New Member

Ironically enough, I tried one of those right after I did the post before. It didn't work out to well. Do you know of any where I don't need to spend more then $10 or is creditcard free.

I know my one quick question has grown, so this will probably be my last post in this thread unrelated to the topic.