Sorry but its another help topic

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by shortguy088, Mar 18, 2008.

1. shortguy088

shortguy088 New Member

i have been searching and i have tried to jailbreak 1.1.4 with ziphone 2.6b and i have also used ipodtouchmasters way which is itouchable. both ways have not worked correctly. my keyboard freezes up and then i have to restart my ipod for it to work again.i have tried each one several times and i kept retrying them. i have been at this for 3 hours and am considering going back to 1.1.3. so far i have fully retored my ipod to 1.1.4 and then i exit out of itunes and dont setup the ipod. then i try either method and they both work and then when i try to add a source they freze. i have tried to set the permissions thru ssh but that didnt work either. please help me if you can becausei am running out of suggestions. thanks

EDIT: Thanks alot jpga13 that worked. No more freezing
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    The second you get onto the springboard open up a keyboard -- NOT in installer. Don't attempt to add a new source, it will more than likely crash. I opened up contacts and added a new contact and typed gibberish for 10 seconds or so, then cancelled out of the app by pressing cancel, not using the home button. I was surprised to find it didn't crash like it did when I had previously used the app after the "add source" freeze. Then open installer, update it and add some sources, hopefully with no problem.
    1 person likes this.
  3. shortguy088

shortguy088 New Member

which method did you use to jailbreak?
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    I used ziphone 2.6b for my last two jailbreaks with no issues at all. Just make sure you install the proper apps right after the JB. I found this for someone else who was having keyboard issues.
  5. shortguy088

shortguy088 New Member

the proper apps meaning update installer and bsd right? or is there something im forgetting?
  6. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    I have never had an issue with the jailbreak and I very methodical with the method I use following the jailbreak. Update installer and I install Community Sources and refresh. Install BSD Subsystem followed by Opne SSH. I restart and install Boss Tools and BossPrefs and move my fonts, ringtones, apps and then restart again. After that I begin the install of stuff like SUID Lib Fix, 1.1.4 Compatibility Patch, Term-vt100, BSD Subsytem 2.0 Term Fix, etc.
  7. Raist3001

Raist3001 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    I've now jailbroken 15 Ipods for friends with Ziphon 2.6b. And in none of them have I had to install any patches to get anything to work.

Other than running some commands for Customize, no patch was needed.

Not sure why everyone is using patches with Ziphone 2.6b????
  8. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Well guess what? There are apps you need it for! The you just uninstall when done. Maybe when you get some more experience you will see.
  9. Raist3001

Raist3001 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Hmmm....arrogance.

OK.

Let me know when you have caught up.
  10. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    I'm not trying to get in a pissing match with you. I'm just trying to get the right info out there. The number up jailbreaks you claim seems to fluctuate on a daily basis and I want to be sure the info people get is credible.