Sorry 1more Question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by The Crow, Feb 22, 2009.

1. The Crow

The Crow Banned

What in the world is the Wake/Sleep button and where are they located at, it sounds stupid but to some of us newbies it does not. Are they talking about the top power button and the middle bottom button, also what is the best way to turn the iPod off because I was told to just have the lock set to 2-3mins. and let it shut itself off? Any help will be much appreciated, thanks.
  2. xmandeathx

xmandeathx New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The sleep button is the top button, and the Wake button is on the bottom. And the best way to turn it off is to hold Wake/Sleep button for 5-10 secs, until it shows a red slide, then slide off. I don't have my Touch Jailbreaked, so i don't know if it's different.
  3. JBB

JBB New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    The sleep/wake buttons, are the same thing. It's the power button at the top.

Since booting up eats up a fair amount of battery, it's probably best to press the power button once to put it to sleep, unless you won't be using it for quite a while.
  4. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    i only power down/up for a re-boot when i install an app. other than that i have my system on a 5 min shutdown cycle.
  5. The Crow

The Crow Banned

Thanks for the info., and I did what I mentioned and one of you mentioned about just setting it to lock 2-3mins. and it will shut itself down. So you guys are not sure if that other method works on a Jailbroken iPod, in regards to holding the wake/sleep button? Anyway I used all the methods that have been suggested on this site and online in others regarding the battery and it worked, I turn the wifi off if not using the mail/safari/Cydia and keeping the brightness on 30% and Auto. This morning all was good, the battery was fully charged last night and when I took it off the dock charger and then let it shut itself down the battery was still at full this morning. Before I noticed that when I fully charged the battery and then left it off the dock over night, it was depleted to half while off but now all is good.

Thanks to all, The Crow
  6. Matt-09

Matt-09 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Were you actually serious when you posted this? There are no buttons on the bottom....
  7. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Are you serious? Yeah there is the home button is on the bottom. (It's facing you.) It can too be used as the wake button. Try it.
  8. The Crow

The Crow Banned

Someone already explained what they meant by pushing the wake/sleep buttons at the same time, and yes I was serious because I didn't know what they meant. They said you push the power button and the top button at the same time and then the slide button will show up and that was better to shut it down that way. I am new to the whole iPod touch thing and new to this site, so like me and other new members things are not so simple if your not use to the device! So keep the negative comments to yourselves please, sorry we all can't be as smart as you all are!

Thanks, The Crow.
  9. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No, no, no I wasn't talking to Matt-09. Sorry for the confusion.
  10. Make It sn0w

Make It sn0w Banned

Top button - Sleep/Wake/Power Off
    Bottom button - Home/Wake/Access Music
    Both together - Manual Power Off/DFU Mode