Sony bringing new PSP's out this year, looks awesome

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by qaiz, Sep 19, 2010.

?

Do You Want It?

1. The PSP's looks awesome, I want one!

7.1%
  2. My PSP already Works Fine

21.4%
  3. When was the last time I played on my PSP?

57.1%
  4. Waiting for the PSP2, if it exists

7.1%
  5. Maybe

7.1%
  1. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Still haven't bought a PSP? Thinking of upgrading your old battered fat PSP? Maybe its time to buy yourself the up and coming Limited Edition PSP. This however is more then just a usual Special Edition, let me explain.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Okay, is it a White PSP with Blue buttons or a Blue PSP with a White case?

Well first of all, Sony have announced 3 special editions, so maybe thats a bit of a stretch on the word 'special' but they certainly look... vibrant? At Sony's press conference 2 days ago (Yeah Its not exactly new news, so what? I've been busy)They announced a couple of new two-tone PSP consoles as well as a Monster Hunter edition that left many people fainting in the aisles thanks to its striking gold highlights and redesigned analog nub.

Isn't this the God Of War PSP? Kratos must be furious.

The Two-toned PSP's are nothing more then a few PSP 3000 models that have been mix and matched with random parts from the parts bin in a sort of "You got your White PSP in my Blue PSP" vs. "You got your Blue PSP in my White PSP" battle. They look okay in my opinion, but its northing amazing. They will be sold exclusively in Japan as 'Value Packs' that will be bundled along side a case and a 2GB Memory Stick for 17,800 Yen, which translated to about $210.

Mix and match at its finest

The thing I'm interested in is the Monster Hunter 3 Portable PSP bundle. This one is something special. This PSP has some great looking decals on it, Gold Highlights and a bigger 2200mAh Battery and if thats not enough, it comes with a highly needed redesigned analog nub that should help you in your Monster Hunting adventures. The Nub is now concave like the 360 analog nub.

The speaker looks like a Paw print, how cute!

Is it good enough for you to go out and replace your already working PSP 3000? No, unless your a hardcore Monster Hunter fan, and trust me hundreds of people at the Press conference were lining up for this thing, or really hate the analog nub on your PSP. Little is knwon weather the future a PSP's will cone with the new analog nub, but we can hope.

My thumb approves

Its also funny to see Sony not updating their PSPGo line up, I wonder why?

Poor things

The Monster Hunter PSP will be on sale in Japan on December 1st for 19,800 Yen (around $230)

Sexy
  2. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    How many PSPs are there? I mean every. FAT,SLIM,GO,Vader?
  3. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    There are a total of 4, now 5 (because of the different joy stick). Each one has many different "paint jobs". A blue Corolla is still a Corolla even when painted red and black.
  4. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I've added a poll now and updated the article a bit.

enjoy
  5. b777forever

b777forever Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone
    The PSP, looks and still is (to me) very ugly since 2005.
    Sony should stop releasing more ugly colors.
  6. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Well to me, The PSP is a odd device.

It is powerful and has very nice games but the control layout is horrible (for me anyways) and its a bit to big to carry around. And since its glossy, it gets scratches easily all over the screen.

Its like a hybrid between a home console and a handheld, its not a home console but its not small enough to be carried around everywhere.

It needs to be small like a DS, now thats a console thats easy and enjoyable to carry around.

Its not a bad device, the PSP, but its far from perfect form factor wise.

Sony are getting desperate with the colors too, Japanese eat this stuff up tho, they love to look cool

7. ChrisGonzales90

ChrisGonzales90 Banned

Device:
    iPad
    I do love the first gens screen. It was so bright and crisp. I like Sony's menu layout. (makes sense for wide screen displays) It was improved so much on the wi-fi enabled blu-ray player the family has.
  8. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Disagree, it looked nice until the PSP go. Piano Black was sexy.
  9. killerhobo

killerhobo New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    they don't update the pspGO because it is meant as a small media based psp. not for gaming. it has all it needs so yeah.
  10. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Its a PSP, PlayStation portable. You buy a PSP for games. Also you don't need to update a console just because its made for games, the iPod Touch is a media device yet its updated every single year, and the same goes for Sony Ericsson phones, Sony Walkmans and much more 'Media based devices'

Why do you think Kingdom Hearts, one of the most loved franchises and one of the PSP's popular games this year, isn't coming to the PSPGo? Because it is a failed experiment. It was Sony trying to see if people would be crazy enough to buy a £250 PSP without a UMD drive.

Of course your the type that would probably believe all the Sony PR rubbish.

So yeah.