Songs deleted after Jailbreak ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iCanTouchThis, Dec 23, 2007.

1. iCanTouchThis

iCanTouchThis New Member

Hi, i'm getting my ipod touch on Christmas and i wanna jailbreak it.
    But does the jailbreak step auto-delete my songs on my iTouch ? Because i don't wanna put my songs again on my Touch because it takes too long.
  2. SynnR

SynnR New Member

I believe that if you are downgrading from 1.1.2 (which your iPod will currently be at) using the SHIFT+click "Restore" method, everything will be wiped. But if you do SHIFT+click "Check for update", it will not delete your songs. I haven't gotten my iPod yet so I am not 100% sure.

If you are talking about the 1.1.1 jailbreak using the TIFF exploit (jailbreakme.com) , it will not delete your songs.
  3. Joseph

Joseph Retired Moderator

Jailbreaking will NOT delete your songs... and you can sync back normally.
  4. iCanTouchThis

iCanTouchThis New Member

ok thank you guys but if you downgrade or upgrade the firmware will it delete my songs ?
  5. Joseph

Joseph Retired Moderator

If you downgrade (restoring) yes, unfortunately it will delete the songs, you can still make a backup on iTunes so you can sync and everything will be the same as before.
  6. jholmes8

jholmes8 New Member

Firmware has nothing to do with the content on your touch other than the illegal content (third party apps). Anything thats supposed to be on there (pics, songs, movies, etc) will remain while anything thats not supposed to be there (third party apps) will be wiped out and have to be re-added.
  7. Alexpb

Alexpb New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you are getting it on Christmas, then that means you don't even have it yet and you don't have any songs on it yet. Why not just make jailbreak BEFORE you sync everything just to be safe? Seems like the smartest choice.
  8. iCanTouchThis

iCanTouchThis New Member

OK ! Thx for all

Because i wanna test my touch directly ^^
  9. KaeMarie

KaeMarie New Member

you could just put one of each, like a vid, a song, a pic to test it and then jailbreak it so your not loosing too much