Song ratings issue when syncing

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dantega, Aug 13, 2008.

1. dantega

dantega New Member

Hi everyone

I still don't understand how the sync process works when you tick the "manually manage music" option. I can add and remove songs and videos as I go but I've been having problems with the song ratings.

When I'm using my ipod touch I like rating my songs and then when I come back home and plug the ipod for some reason the ratings made in the iPod Touch change automatically, I think they are rolled back to its previous values since the last sync.

Am I doing anything wrong? Ideally I'd getting music from my PC to my iPod, rate them and then sync it back to the PC and the latest ratings would replace the old ones (either the latesst ratings where done in the iPod or in iTunes) so both parties have the same data per song all the times. If this is not possible due to the fact I'm using "manual control for audio/video" at least i shouldn't lose my iPod song ratings when I sync it to my Pc, isn't it?

thank you in advance

Dante
  2. breathesrain

breathesrain New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The same thing happens to me, from the day i got my iPod on. I use a Mac, and I've had the problem for both OS 2.0, 2.2, and 3.0. I have no idea how to fix it, but we're in the same boat...
  3. red_5

red_5 Member

Similar issue, still looking for help...
  4. d.wig

d.wig New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i probably didnt read it right, but ima throw one out there.

if you are manually syncing it, and you update the songs rating on the ipod, i do not believe it would automatically update on your computer (and vice versa). I do know the ''times played'' tracking number on each song does not update when it is on manual sync, so i do believe it needs to be auto sync.

i think.
    someone 'rate' this post if im right.
  5. red_5

red_5 Member

The issue is when rating songs on the iPod the rating isn't applied. Respring, sync, do whatever to close the Music Player app, reopen it and the ratings are back to what they were. Pain in the butt for those of us trying to use rating-controlled smart playlists.