Song play count not correct

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by Ol!ver, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Ol!ver

Ol!ver New Member

Ive found that I've been listening to my songs on the touch, but when I've looked at iTunes a few days later, the play count is wrong. I listened to a whole album the other day, but the play count is Zero.

Anyone else had this?

Using a jaibroken 1.1.1 touch and Itunes 7.5.0.20

Cheers
  2. natoosh21

natoosh21 New Member

yeah iv had this as well
    maybe the play count is something to do with it being played on itunes... i dunno

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. JustinCarpenter

JustinCarpenter New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    The play count refers to your iPod and iTunes. It updates when you sync your iPod.
    I haven't really had a problem with it, but you have to listen to the complete song in order for it to count. Like at the end of the song, if you hit next, it won't count as a play.
  4. Butch

Butch New Member

I think the play counts on the ipod are only synced to the play count in iTunes if you automatically sync your ipod. If you do manual transfer of music/podcasts/content back and forth, the play counts are not synced (they are transferred over but not added, if that makes any sense).

I've been trying to look for an add-on solution to help me get around this but have not found anything yet. I like to manually manage my music, but I want to be able to consolidate the play counts for I hardly ever listen to my music on iTunes and want the play counts to give an accurate representation of my favorite music (the ones I listen to most often on my ipod).

Cheers,

Butch
  5. yashrg

yashrg Member

really sorry to dig up old topics.. but I want to delve deeper into this... because i am having problems on my 1.1.4 ipod touch too! and lot of people on the apple forums have said they are having the problem too.